1. #1 Concerning Survey Finds Too Many People Believe Snopes Is A Legitimate Fact-Checking 
    Power CUer
    The Bee is at it again!!

Concerning Survey Finds Too Many People Believe Snopes Is A Legitimate Fact-Checking Website
    https://babylonbee.com/news/concerni...ecking-website

U.S.—A troubling new survey released by The Babylon Bee confirmed Wednesday that too many people think Snopes is a real fact-checking website.

The survey found that over 60% of people believe Snopes is a real website, while only 25% understand that it's satire. The remaining minority thinks that Snopes is the name of a gangsta rapper from California, "one of those guys who makes the hip-hop about the devil's lettuce and shooting people."

In the study, we went to a Walmart and grabbed random people by the arm and started shouting at them: "HEY, DO YOU THINK SNOPES IS REAL!?" The ones who didn't run away screaming or call for security responded, and of those few dozen people, we got our results. Most said, "Sure, yeah, whatever, please just leave me alone and don't hurt me!" while others said they thought it was satire site. A few people said, "Snopes Dogg? I loved his album, Straight Outta Compton."

Despite the fact-checks on Snopes.com clearly being "labelled fact-checks," many people were taken in by the site's ruse. Snopes has managed to fool many readers with its brand of fact-checking in the past. We're not sure if muddying the details of actual investigative journalism qualifies Snopes as a real "fact-checker."

"This is clearly a threat to democracy," said the head researcher we specifically paid to say "this is clearly a threat to democracy." "Maybe people who read Snopes just aren't as informed or educated as people who simply watch Jeopardy! to get their information or call their Aunt Carla and ask her what the latest gossip is."

Well, whatever the case, one thing is clear: democracy can't long survive if people keep believing Snopes is a real fact-checking site.

(Note: you do not need to criticize the methods for this survey, as we have a pie chart, which makes it 100% legitimate).

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    (Note: you do not need to criticize the methods for this survey, as we have a pie chart, which makes it 100% legitimate).
    But I want the underlying spreadsheet data!!!
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    But I want the underlying spreadsheet data!!!
    You can’t handle the spreadsheet data!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzd40i8TfA
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

I wish I had a mind creative enough to have answered, "A rapper ...".
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    I wish I had a mind creative enough to have answered, "A rapper ...".
    Snope Dogg?

I always thought it was good for dismissing the typical "Paul is dead" type of urban legends.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I always thought it was good for dismissing the typical "Paul is dead" type of urban legends.
    They unfortunately chose to go beyond debunking urban myths, into statements about political and social issues and persons, where they demonstrate a marked bias.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Their page on the "Why KFC changed their name" CT is pretty hilarious.

If the CT/UL relates to politics I use Snopes if I'm responding to a lib/prog, or if it's a conservative I use TruthorFiction. It doesn't change whether or not the CT/UL is true, but it bypasses "Consider the source" retorts.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech