Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Geese have more protection than Kids? 
    link

Soph0571 (4,516 posts)
    Geese have more protection than Kids?

Outrageous. It is madness.

Now I know I don't pay much attention to hunting rules/laws but I'm SURE I didn't miss a change in the law where it is LEGAL to hunt kids.

It is just as illegal to hunt kids as it is to hunt geese with more than 3 shells or a machine gun so therefore KIDS have more protections since it it illegal to "hunt them" under ANY circumstance.

Law abiding people will obey the laws regarding hunting geese and will obey gun laws and won't 'hunt kids'.

Those who are not law abiding will get what they want and illegally hunt geese and shoot those they hate or for a desire for fame no matter if it is illegal or if guns are illegal.

It's a STUPID sign.
    Liberals are divorced from reality and they think it's great. When you live in la la land you're never wrong, it's always the other person/groups fault and you can believe what you want to believe and call it 'truth'.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Non sequitur bat shit crazy strawman argument.

Allow teachers to be armed. And get rid of gun free zones. It seems most mass shootings take place in gun free zones making students sitting ducks, err, geese.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

OK, I'll play along: Be in possession of an eagle feather, kill a bald eagle, or damage an eagle egg and you go to prison. Kill a baby in the womb even on the day it's supposed to be born is perfectly legal and the left celebrate it.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 08-22-2019 at 09:07 PM.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    OK, I'll play along: Be in possession of an eagle feather, kill a bald eagle, or damage an eagle egg and you go to prison. Kill a baby on the womb even on the day it's supposed to be born is perfectly legal and the left celebrate it.
    Yeah, that

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

We have so many Canadian Geese around metro Detroit that they are a nuisance. Sometimes we come back to work on Monday and our parking lot is full of goose droppings. They are everywhere, because there is a lot of water around. Obviously, we can't allow hunting in the city and immediate burbs, but I have no problem if their protected status was ended and they could be hunted in areas where hunting is allowed. Their numbers need culling, plus you can cook them like turkeys.

Canadian Geese are nuisance birds if you ask me. We get lots of them in Florida and we aren't allowed to cull the herds any.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    We have so many Canadian Geese around metro Detroit that they are a nuisance. Sometimes we come back to work on Monday and our parking lot is full of goose droppings. They are everywhere, because there is a lot of water around. Obviously, we can't allow hunting in the city and immediate burbs, but I have no problem if their protected status was ended and they could be hunted in areas where hunting is allowed. Their numbers need culling, plus you can cook them like turkeys.
    There's a couple of parks near me - one next to perc ponds and the other next to a small reservoir - that has bunches of geese. SF Bay Area weather being what it is, they nest there, hatching and raising their goslings. Their @#$% is all over the paved path and lawn next to the pond and lake. I haven't heard that they have gotten aggressive, but they certainly are a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    There's a couple of parks near me - one next to perc ponds and the other next to a small reservoir - that has bunches of geese. SF Bay Area weather being what it is, they nest there, hatching and raising their goslings. Their @#$% is all over the paved path and lawn next to the pond and lake. I haven't heard that they have gotten aggressive, but they certainly are a nuisance.
    I don't think they are aggressive like swans are, but still, there are so many of them. They aren't very smart, so they can't be that difficult to hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't think they are aggressive like swans are, but still, there are so many of them. They aren't very smart, so they can't be that difficult to hunt.
    I've heard that they can be. My somewhat sick mind just thought of a great idea for a Thanksgiving or Christmas 5K run ........