Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Windy Wednesday. 
    High winds are closing passes all over the place today but the actual temperature should be kind of nice. It will be nice today and tomorrow and then a front moves in on Friday.

TOTD: What wall paper is on your computer? Any images on your mouse-pad? What about your cell phone?

Now, why did you pick these things to look at every day?

Lots of ice on the trees today, and schools had a two hour delay. But it's just raining now.

TOTD: I have a picture of the ambulance I used to use on my desktop. I picked it because it reminds me of good times :)
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

Low of 69 this morning, grey clouds, & intermittent showers. A cold front is moving through, so temps aren't supposed to move much 'til they fall after sunset. Actually, it should really be called a cool front as tomorrow is going to be 48/65...but I'll take that over ice any day! :D

Desktop is a pic of sunrise at the beach...because it's possibly the best pic I've ever taken and the color is quite soft (not too dark or bright). The cell phone has a plain blue backdrop...too lazy to change the factory setting.

Last edited by AHeneen; 01-07-2009 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AHeneen View Post
    Low of 69 this morning, grey clouds, & intermittent showers. A cold front is moving through, so temps aren't supposed to move much 'til they fall after sunset. Actually, it should really be called a cool front as tomorrow is going to be 48/65...but I'll take that over ice any day! :D
    And what about your computer wallpaper and mouse-pad? Any special pics or images? :D

I change the wallpaper every week or so but rotate between sci fi images.

Serenity is a long time favorite.

Patent Member
    My office PC has a picture of the Earth. For a while I just had the factory-standard blue screen.

The home PC has a picture of the Earth at night. My LINUX box has the standard UBUNTU logo.

My home laptop has this picture, but I'm considering changing it to this one. Or I suppose I could go to the original of that second one...

My power was off for a few minutes, but is now back on.

It's already in the 60's here, should be a great day!

TOTD: I have a picture of a very attractive young lady for my wallpaper...I change it often.

Power CUer
    My computer background changes seasonally and at whim; right now it's a Carl Larsson watercolor of a Christmas scene in 19th century Sweden.
    My mousepad is a freebie from some vendor.
    I had no idea you could change the image on your cellphone screen and cannot imagine why I would want to spend the time learning how to do so.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I had no idea you could change the image on your cellphone screen and cannot imagine why I would want to spend the time learning how to do so.
    The technology also exists to have a unique background or ring tone, depending on who is calling you.

Personally, I haven't looked into this dark art of ungodly technological manipulation, but I am assured that it can be done.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    The technology also exists to have a unique background or ring tone, depending on who is calling you.
    I found that out when I heard my husband's cell phone ring when I called him (he had left it behind) and heard the theme from "Mission Impossible".

It was quickly changed to "My Girl".
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken