Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Texas Has A Growing Homeless Problem 
    The issue of homelessness in Texas has been on the rise, specifically in its capital of Austin.

According to the Washington Post, staunch Democrats in Austin have expressed a desire to switch parties purely out of the way the city has handled homelessness, which lately, includes allowing them to sleep anywhere theyd like:

But as Paul, 50, sprawled out shirtless on the sidewalk on a 100-degree day, shop owner Craig Staley stood a few feet away on Congress Avenue reconsidering his party affiliation.

I got two emails last month from customers who said, I cant go to your store anymore because it smells like urine, said Staley, who operates Royal Blue Grocery. I am a Democrat at heart; I have been in Austin, Texas, for over 30 years. But I am telling you, I am feeling a lot more red these days when it comes to my business
    https://www.redstate.com/brandon_mor...od-deal-blame/
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Bus them to Kalifornistan.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Austin is CA east.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post

And give them Nancy's address...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Theres a homeless encampment beneath every overpass at any major intersection in town. Ive seriously considered making my own cardboard sign that reads, Im stopped here because the traffic light is red, and not to visit with you.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Amazing, they all seem to flock to a liberal held sanctuary. Lot's of free stuffs

This gun shop is about half a block away from the credit union where I bank.

https://www.infowars.com/wtf-homeles...exas-gun-shop/

We have people begging all over Detroit. I'm not sure how many of them are actually homeless. There is almost always at least one person begging in front of the Chinese restaurant I frequent near my office. It's irritating. Juvie court and the medical center are close by, so Sheriff's officers, EMS workers and DPD officers eat there regularly, too. It's amazing how fast some of those allegedly handicapped guys can move when they see a cop car pulling up.

And comments like the ones in this thread are why I literally refuse to listen to Republicans when they're like "Why do you want to help refugees? What about homeless Americans?"

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    We have people begging all over Detroit. I'm not sure how many of them are actually homeless. There is almost always at least one person begging in front of the Chinese restaurant I frequent near my office. It's irritating. Juvie court and the medical center are close by, so Sheriff's officers, EMS workers and DPD officers eat there regularly, too. It's amazing how fast some of those allegedly handicapped guys can move when they see a cop car pulling up.
    When we lived in Sarasota (moved away in 2014) there were people begging all over that mostly resort town. There's virtually no industry there, other than service industries like brokerage houses, real estate offices, etc. On our way to volunteer at the local aquarium, we'd see vans letting off the "homeless" with their signs. They'd stand in the interesections and congregate in the downtown tourist areas. They'd aggressively bother people trying to sit in the outdoor tables at the local restaurants. We were going to a small shop and a guy was screaming at us and at others. Sad to say that we stopped shopping there.

I think some of them were mentally ill, but it seemed it was sort of a cottage industry with the organized delivery of them to various street corners. They seemed to rotate in an organized fashion, as we'd see them on one corner on our way and another on our return. Some of them were wearing more expensive clothes than SR and I were wearing, but we're pretty casual dressers.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"