1. #1 SAT Is Dropping Its 'Adversity Score' 
    The company that administers the SAT college admissions test is replacing the so-called adversity score with a tool that will no longer reduce an applicant’s background to a single number, an idea that the College Board’s chief executive now says was a mistake.

Amid growing scrutiny of the role wealth plays in college admissions, the College Board introduced its Environmental Context Dashboard about two years ago to provide context for a student’s performance on the test and help schools identify those who have done more with less. The version used by about 50 institutions in a pilot program involved a formula that combined school and neighborhood factors like advanced course offerings and the crime rate to produce a single number.

But critics called it an overreach for the College Board to score adversity the way it does academics.

David Coleman, College Board’s chief executive, said in an interview with The Associated Press that some also wrongly worried the tool would alter the SAT results.

“The idea of a single score was wrong,” he said. “It was confusing and created the misperception that the indicators are specific to an individual student.”
    I assume they will find some other method of "computation" of SAT scores.

https://time.com/5662537/sat-dropping-adversity-score/
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

I never took the SAT. The colleges I applied to either required the ACT, which is slowly being done away with, or either that or the SAT. The tests aren't free. I thought the tests were basically scored on how many questions you got right and how many you got wrong. I guess I was wrong.

Because we all know that lowering standards is far better than raising ability.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Because we all know that lowering standards is far better than raising ability.
    shared misery
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Intellectual Injustice is an inequality that exists when some people are more intelligent than others as in Social, Political, Influential, Economic, Artistic, Creative, Productive Inequalities, or even Physical Beauty, Dexterity, Strength, Physical Height and Weight. There is a growing consensus in society that all people should be precisely equal.

To achieve equality, educators are doing everything in their power to lower the intelligence of all of their students to achieve an equitable intellectual least common denominator. Society will have to press on to achieve perfect equality in the other categories.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk