1. #1 Wichita library may demand sex offender checks on story readers 
    Nearly a year after a controversy over a drag queen story hour at the Wichita library, the library board is considering a policy to require that program presenters be background-checked for sex offenses before they take the stage.

The city library director said it’s not a direct response to the backlash over the September 2018 drag queen event, but she acknowledged that event was the genesis of ongoing talks that led to the proposed policy, which would cover all programs at the library.
    What a brilliant idea ! Perhaps they will win a special Noble prize for such a unique thought !

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/news/politics...#storylink=cpy
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

I'm surprised that this wasn't already required by the state.

Pretty much every agency that allows volunteer adults to interact with children does a thorough record check of every volunteer. I don't even volunteer in the kids' program at my church, but to lead a women's Bible study group or to be a Stephen Minister, I had to get one, although I didn't to make food for the green room.

I see an ACLU lawsuit coming.

The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

Candace Owens for President 2024.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQgbN76AWrw

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    I see an ACLU lawsuit coming.
    I doubt it. Unless only certain people are singled out for a bkgd check, the ACLU is not stupid enough to sue over bkgd checks for people who are involved with kids like that. 4H has done bkgd checks on adult volunteers for years. It is good policy.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm surprised that this wasn't already required by the state.

Pretty much every agency that allows volunteer adults to interact with children does a thorough record check of every volunteer. I don't even volunteer in the kids' program at my church, but to lead a women's Bible study group or to be a Stephen Minister, I had to get one, although I didn't to make food for the green room.
    Once you throw LBGTQXYZWTF in the mix, rules and common sense go out the window.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    Once you throw LBGTQXYZWTF in the mix, rules and common sense go out the window.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I think in this case it's more that library people didn't really think the whole thing through very well and assumed that the children's parents would be supervising their children during the activity.