Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    She went on a trip with the high school kids to Sedona, AZ (I know, my current church sends the youth group on mission trips).
    Sedona is not exactly my idea of "the mission field".
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Sedona is not exactly my idea of "the mission field".
    It was a Unity Church. They were visiting Sedona because of the psychic energy that is centered there. That's what Marianne is-a believer in healing with crystals and Reiki energy manipulation, but someone who constantly misquotes the Bible. She thinks that the "Jesus wept" verse is from the crucifixion, not from the rising of Lazarus.

It got me back to attending church again, after years of practicing wicca, but ultimately I came to see it as shallow and wrong, and I sought another church.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It was a Unity Church. They were visiting Sedona because of the psychic energy that is centered there. That's what Marianne is-a believer in healing with crystals and Reiki energy manipulation, but someone who constantly misquotes the Bible. She thinks that the "Jesus wept" verse is from the crucifixion, not from the rising of Lazarus.

It got me back to attending church again, after years of practicing wicca, but ultimately I came to see it as shallow and wrong, and I sought another church.
    I had pretty much figured it was more like an occultic spiritual retreat than any sort of missionary-like outreach. There is a YWAM base in Winona, AZ, which does outreaches to reservations in the US, but I'm sure Williamson would thoroughly disapprove of YWAM.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I haven't voted yet for any of the current crop. The MI primary is a ways off. I'm not sure who I will vote for. Biden is showing his age, but he's the one who is closest to my views.

I vote for liberals because I am a liberal. I support the liberal side of most social issues. I want liberal justices on the supreme court and liberal judges in federal courts. I support civil rights, women's rights, legal gay marriage and adoption, and so on. I don't support Trump because he puts conservative justices and judges in power. I think his trade war with China will be disastrous in the long run for the US economy, even if it doesn't seem that way now. Protectionism might have worked in the 80s, but not now, in the world of e-commerce and so forth. His being an asshole s secondary to those concerns.
    So you're willing to turn this country into Venezuela. Good to know. Look at what decades of Democrat leadership has done to Detroit. You want that for the rest of the country? Are you proud of that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    So you're willing to turn this country into Venezuela. Good to know. Look at what decades of Democrat leadership has done to Detroit. You want that for the rest of the country? Are you proud of that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I love Detroit, the good, the bad and the ugly. Things are better here right now than they have been in decades-things were starting to improve in the 90s under Mayor Archer, but Kwame came in and sunk it to a new low. There is still a lot to do, but I've always been on the side of the people trying to make it a better place. Young people are moving back into the city-now they have to fix the schools to keep them.

Even when I retire from this job, I still want to work or volunteer somewhere in which I am helping to make Detroit a better place. I go to a church that supports programs to make it a better place and that supports churches in Detroit who are in need of help.

Cheer up. I'm voting for a conservative republican for mayor of Warren this fall. No democrat got enough votes in the primary to be on the ballot. My choices are a 3-term former republican (independent, now) guy that I voted for in the last 2 elections, but has been revealed to be a racist in his handling of various city issues. He also is on tape making fun of a handicapped person in a much more specific conversation that the footage of Trump doing so to the reporter.

His opponent is a republican and pretty conservative woman, who is a good city council member. I'm voting for her.