1. #1 WaPo: Trump's Baltimore visit "could be disastrous, inciting local protests" 
    link

Miles Archer (16,165 posts)

WaPo: Trump's Baltimore visit "could be disastrous, inciting local protests"

Rachael Bade

@rachaelmbade

FLAG IT: Trump will visit Baltimore Thursday -- a majority-black city he recently called a ‘rodent infested mess’ -- to attend the GOP retreat.

My R sources are already privately speculating that this could be disastrous, inciting local protests

Rachael Bade @rachaelmbade

FLAG IT: Trump will visit Baltimore Thursday -- a majority-black city he recently called a ‘rodent infested mess’ -- to attend the GOP retreat.

My R sources are already privately speculating that this could be disastrous, inciting local protests https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-to-visit-baltimore-thursday-a-city-he-called-arodent-infested-mess/2019/09/08/170dc4ac-d252-11e9-ab26-e6dbebac45d3_story.html …

Trump to visit Baltimore Thursday, a city he called a ‘rodent infested mess’

The president will speak to House Republicans at their three-day retreat this week.

washingtonpost.com

12:30 PM - Sep 8, 2019

Twitter Ads info and privacy
    SWBTATTReg (7,270 posts)

1. Funny, I think that Baltimore isn't the only city that would protest this POS and his ...

administration. One thing for sure, though, the GOP is finished as a national party. Their sitting by the sidelines doing nothing tells one quite a bit about this party and what they truly and actually believe in. That the vast majority of us don't deserve tax breaks, don't deserve a decent wage, don't deserve adequate health care or housing, etc. And of course the top notch issue, don't allow any of our trillion dollar companies to pay any tax!!
    Right. Democrats screamed at the top of their lungs that EVERYONE deserved health care and THEY were going to 'fix' it. Then they demanded that every policy cover EVERYTHING and raised the cost of the insurance and the deductibles so high that the middle class couldn't afford heath care even though they had it and were paying thousands of dollars a year for it.

And the rest of it is jack*ss propaganda and nothing else.

rufus dog (7,583 posts)

2. Which is EXACTLY what they want

Ferguson, MO, and BLM are underestimated as to the impact on the 2016 election.

MAGAts and too many independents look at those events, gathering of protesters, and see things completely differently than us. They see scary black people promoting lawlessness.

I'm not saying they are right, I am saying that is how they filter things. I have taken a lot of heat here stating that Repukes are bad people. Too many don't want to accept it, but they truly have a difficult time seeing things for what they are, they are much more comfortable seeing things for what they are told.
    No what they see are VIOLENT LEFTISTS who think that THEY are the arbitrators of what 'free speech' consists of and who have decided that they are entitled to beat up those who espouse speech they disagree with. They see people who act like rabid pigs.
    Liberals are divorced from reality and they think it's great. When you live in la la land you're never wrong, it's always the other person/groups fault and you can believe what you want to believe and call it 'truth'.

Other than Mar a Lago, has Trump gone anywhere there wasn't a protest? Or Obama? Or Bush? Or Clinton? Or Bush? Or Reagan? Or Carter, Ford, Nixon, LBJ ...? But consider the source, a WashPost writer.
    Last edited by SVPete; 09-08-2019 at 06:17 PM.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

Baltimore is another city that's been under Democrat rule for decades, is a festering shithole, and Trump is wrong to point this out?
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Baltimore is another city that's been under Democrat rule for decades, is a festering shithole, and Trump is wrong to point this out?
    That's the point with them, they don't want the mismanagement pointed out in any way. They want to keep people in poverty and misery because what they use to keep themselves in power.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

There might be a big astro-turf protest. The Democrats are scared to death, a few rallies in the Hood could move the needle.

The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

Candace Owens for President 2024.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQgbN76AWrw

Since I didn’t know any better at the time, when Trump initially made the “rat infested” comment about Baltimore, I thought it was hyperbole. Then the following day, I discovered it was actually true and he meant it.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    Since I didn’t know any better at the time, when Trump initially made the “rat infested” comment about Baltimore, I thought it was hyperbole. Then the following day, I discovered it was actually true and he meant it.
    Check out the early 2000's great TV series, "The Wire". You'll never want to set foot there again.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Check out the early 2000's great TV series, "The Wire". You'll never want to set foot there again.
    I just finished season 2 and moving onto season 3 tonight. If life in Baltimore is as it is portrayed on The Wire, then President Trump was correct in his assessment of the place.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    I just finished season 2 and moving onto season 3 tonight. If life in Baltimore is as it is portrayed on The Wire, then President Trump was correct in his assessment of the place.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    It is truly a great series. Created by flaming moonbats, but it doesn't preach against evil conservatives. A touch of subtlety demonizing capitalism.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender