Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Beto: If Elected, I Am Going To Confiscate Your Semi-Auto Firearms 
    by Ryan Saavedra - Daily wire

Far-left Democratic presidential candidate Robert Francis O'Rourke announced over the weekend that if he is elected president, he intends to confiscate tens of millions of semi-automatic firearms from law-abiding Americans.

O'Rourke made the remarks while campaigning in Charlottesville, Virginia, on Saturday when he was asked by a reporter how he plans to address peoples' fears that the government is going to come and take many of their semi-automatic firearms.

O'Rourke responded: "I want to be really clear, thatís exactly what we are going to do. Americans who own [the technically undefinable sub-class of semi-automatic firearms referred to as "assault weapons"] will have to sell them to the government."
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    by Ryan Saavedra - Daily wire

"I want to be really clear, thatís exactly what we are going to do. Americans who own [the technically undefinable sub-class of semi-automatic firearms referred to as "assault weapons"] will have to sell them to the government."
    Come and Take them.

Bring it !
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Molon labe

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

You see, IMO you have to be polling higher than 2.5% for me to even give a flying F so blather on Paddy O'Rourke because the only way you're going to see the inside of the Oval Office is if Trump invites you and I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

To be completely fair, in the video I saw, he was talking about so-called assault rifles, and mentioned the AR-15 and AK-47 specifically. Iím sure he would love to move toward banning all semi-autos, but I think even Beto is smart enough to know that is not achievable in a single move.

Banned
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bet...cted-president
    Americans who own AR-15s, AK-47s, will have to sell them to the government.
    Fat chance of that. If pennies on the dollar are paid, then it will be like just like stealing them; the way Trump did with bump stocks.

But O'Rouke has a legally acceptable way to bypass Congress to make another end run around our 2nd amendment rights. All he has to do is have his lawyers (if he is elected president) draft an amendment to the NFA of 1934, just like Trump did. It would further amend the definition of a machine gun to include any semi-auto firearm capable of bump firing. This would include all center fire semi-auto rifles and pistols as well as some rim fire guns.

Ever see a 1911 bump fired? It is rather messy/inaccurate, but entirely possible. Bumps stocks are not required at all. Of course Trump might beat him to it if enough people complain about our bump fire capable semi-auto rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    To be completely fair, in the video I saw, he was talking about so-called assault rifles, and mentioned the AR-15 and AK-47 specifically. Iím sure he would love to move toward banning all semi-autos, but I think even Beto is smart enough to know that is not achievable in a single move.
    Donít bet on it. Iím not sure heís smart enough to find his ass with both hands in the daylight outside.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Banned
    Any president who wants to ban semi-auto rifles only needs to do what the ATF did during the Bush administration. They wrote a regulation calling bump firing guns (those with spring loaded stocks) machine guns. Then they obtained the sales list from the manufacturer and threatened the owners with jail time if they did not turn in the springs thus making their $1000 purchase worthless.

Most semi-auto guns use a spring to return the bolt to the closed position which allows the gun to be bump fired. All the ATF needs to do is write a regulation similar to the one they wrote to outlaw the Adkins Accellerator. There will be the usual crying and screaming (including from me) but the supreme court will most likely uphold the ATF's opinion and people who want to keep their rifles will have to close the gas port or remove the bolt / buffer spring to eliminate the bump firing capability.

In the end it will be the gun owner's fault as we allowed the ATF an inch, then they took a mile. We may reap what we sow.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You see, IMO you have to be polling higher than 2.5% for me to even give a flying F so blather on Paddy O'Rourke because the only way you're going to see the inside of the Oval Office is if Trump invites you and I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen.
    My 16 and 19 year old nieces liked Beto. My sister told them "he needs to win a state-side race in Texas before he should think about running for President". LOL. She likes Mayor Pete, although I have told her repeatedly that he doesn't stand a chance.

My 16 year old niece will not be 18 before the primary, but will be before the general 2020 election. My 19 year old niece now supports Warren.