Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Drone strikes knock out half of Saudi oil capacity, 5 million barrels a day 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    By John Defterios and Victoria Cavaliere, CNN Business
    Updated 6:04 PM ET, Sat September 14, 2019

Abu Dhabi (CNN Business)Drone strikes on crucial Saudi Arabian oil facilities have disrupted about half of the kingdom's oil capacity, or 5% of the daily global oil supply, people with knowledge of Saudi's oil operations told CNN Business.

Yemen's Houthi rebels on Saturday took responsibility for the attacks, saying 10 drones targeted state-owned Saudi Aramco oil facilities in Abqaiq and Khurais, according to the Houthi-run Al-Masirah news agency.

Five million barrels per day of crude production have been impacted after fires raged at the sites, one of them the world's largest oil production facility, people with knowledge of the kingdom's operations said. The latest OPEC figures from August 2019 put the total Saudi production at 9.8 million barrels per day.

A source told CNN Business that Aramco "hopes to have that capacity restored within days."

LINK
    May the FORCE be with you!

Hello $5.00+ a gallon prices at the pumps...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Meh
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    Hello $5.00+ a gallon prices at the pumps...

Shouldn’t be, maybe up a quarter or so. That’s only 5% of current demand and I’ll bet SA can turn the taps on to make most of that up before a week is past. They can’t afford the income shortfall.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Interesting demonstration that drones are not just combat multipliers for the rich kids.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Interesting demonstration that drones are not just combat multipliers for the rich kids.
    Definitely! The current estimate for the entire 10 drone (claimed) strike is estimated at less than $150,000.

As for the price of oil, SA has about a months worth of reserves ready to ship but still has not been able to evaluate the damage or recovery time. Once everything is operating they can refill that 30 day lead time within a week.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Shouldn’t be, maybe up a quarter or so. That’s only 5% of current demand and I’ll bet SA can turn the taps on to make most of that up before a week is past. They can’t afford the income shortfall.
    You dont live in California. If a fuel delivery truck gets a flat tire, the cost in the entire state goes up $.50 a gallon just because...

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Can we just bomb Iran right now and be done with this?
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Can we just bomb Iran right now and be done with this?
    It'll happen, if that's what Iran and CNN want.

We're developing ROBOPilot-software, which can turn any aircraft into an 'unmanned drone' for periods of time, greatly reducing searching for specific human-targets over there.

Just imagine the price increase w/o Trump's policies opening up domestic production...