Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    You dont live in California. If a fuel delivery truck gets a flat tire, the cost in the entire state goes up $.50 a gallon just because...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I keep forgetting about the land of fruits and nuts..... Sorry ‘bout that.

Most of us shouldn’t really be hurt and the petroleum reserve should stay in the ground for when it’s truly needed, not to just allay the price.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    The Saudi's should just use some hot air balloons and destroy all of Iran's fields. Better still just do like Iraq and cross drill over the border and steal Irans oil. I wish I could remember the name of the book but a very long time ago there was a book out that described the US Nuking all the Oil fields in the Mideast to stop a war funded by all their oil. The oil fields were useless for a 1000 years after the nukes.

The Iranians are itching for a war they can blame on the Saudi's for starting. Europe and the Far East will go ape shit and do anything to put a stop to it as it will demolish their fragile economies. The Iranians will demand an end to sanctions for their cooperation. The only winner will be Russia which is dying under low oil prices. President Trump would have the option of divorcing us from the international chaos with the speed of a tweet, ban exports, $60-$80 domestic prices $150 and up on the international market. California won't get hit too hard as Alaskan oil will go there if there is an export ban. Will it get to war?

The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

Candace Owens for President 2024.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQgbN76AWrw

My contributions continue in the economics forum.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

A simple, effective measured response would be to air drop hundreds of thousands of FP-45 Liberator pistols into Iran. They are simple and cheap. We could recruit dozens of American gun manufacturers. The only thing heeping protesrors at bay in Iran is the very real threat of slaughter by the IRG.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FP-45_Liberator

The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

Candace Owens for President 2024.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQgbN76AWrw

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Shouldn’t be, maybe up a quarter or so. That’s only 5% of current demand and I’ll bet SA can turn the taps on to make most of that up before a week is past. They can’t afford the income shortfall.
    You pretty much nailed it. In this area (too close but still 2000+ miles from California's political masterminds) prices increased 20-22 cents. The Valdese single ship incident caused about the same increase. I remember Bush opening up a limited amount of land for exploration/ drilling. The Dims reported it would take 9-10 years for it to effect prices at the pump. The MSM giddily
    reported what a lame effort Bush had made. The barrel prices as well as pump prices were going down the next day .
    Trump's enabling of domestic production has resulted in a buffer for this and the next ME crisis. I do hope he brings that up during the upcoming campaign. The current crop of DIMs promising to roll back domestic oil production would guarantee a Katrina-like price "adjustment". (Here, diesel went from $2.70 ish to $4.40 in two days.)

Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    A simple, effective measured response would be to air drop hundreds of thousands of FP-45 Liberator pistols into Iran. They are simple and cheap. We could recruit dozens of American gun manufacturers. The only thing heeping protesrors at bay in Iran is the very real threat of slaughter by the IRG.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FP-45_Liberator

The Democrats would aprove since they are not semi-automatic assault weapons.
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys