Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Husband in divorce case wants his/wife's kidney back--or $1.5M 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Husband in divorce case wants his/wife's kidney back--or $1.5M

When his wife needed a kidney transplant, Dr. Richard Batista gave her one of his, attorney Dominic Barbara said. Now that Dawnell Batista has filed for a divorce, Richard Batista wants his kidney back as part of his settlement demand. Or, Barbara said Wednesday, his client wants the value of that kidney: An estimated $1.5 million. The case is being heard in Supreme Court in Mineola
    http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny...0,512593.story

Damn....what a putz
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...

Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    Damn....what a putz
    Come on, he's letting her keep the ring.

I have to say that my opinion on this depends on the motivations for the divorce. If she's divorcing him for BS reasons - he should get the kidney or the money. If she's got valid reasons - like he's been cheating on her - that's a horse of another color.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Power CUer
    So... you'd adjudicate on whether she "deserves" to have a working kidney?? This is a gift, once given, that is permanent. Let him have the DVD collection instead.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    So... you'd adjudicate on whether she "deserves" to have a working kidney?? This is a gift, once given, that is permanent. Let him have the DVD collection instead.
    I'm saying if she made a cuckold out of the man - he deserves to be compensated.

Power CUer
    It's not mentioned in the article, nor does it need to be. Organs can't be bartered or sold, legally. It's staying where it is. The article indicates he's trying to use it as leverage over access to his children.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I know it's not mentioned - I do actually read these articles when posted. :p well generally . . . . :p

The way I see it - as a married couple - two as one flesh and all - he did what was right in giving the kidney. The question is - was it accepted under false pretenses? If she's made a cuckold out of the man he should have the right to compensation for something he thought he was giving to a life partner.

Patent Member
    More information here

She got the kidney, had a "new lease on life," slept around, served him divorce papers while he was performing surgery, and now won't let him see his three daughters.

I say give him back the kidney.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    More information here

She got the kidney, had a "new lease on life," slept around, served him divorce papers while he was performing surgery, and now won't let him see his three daughters.

I say give him back the kidney.
    he should get the money or the kidney.