Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Trump says homelessness hurting real estate prestige, will destroy cities 
    link

groundloop (7,606 posts)

Trump says homelessness hurting real estate prestige, will destroy cities

Source: NBC News

President Donald Trump renewed his complaints about homelessness Tuesday during a swing through California, talking about the harm it does to taxpayers seeking prestigious real estate and warning that cities will "destroy themselves" if his administration doesn’t intervene.

The homeless are living in "our best highways, our best streets, our best entrances to building," Trump told reporters traveling aboard Air Force One with him to a string of fundraisers in California. "People in those buildings pay tremendous taxes where they went to those locations because of the prestige.”

Trump went on to say he has been talking to "foreign people, foreign tenants" in California who want to leave the country because of the homeless problem. Trump has been increasingly raising concern about homelessness, and said the White House would be taking some sort of action soon.

"In many cases they came from other countries and they moved to Los Angeles or they moved to San Francisco because of the prestige of the city, and all of a sudden they have tents," Trump said. "Hundreds and hundreds of tents and people living at the entrance to their office building. And they want to leave. And the people of San Francisco are fed up, and the people of Los Angeles are fed up. And we’re looking at it, and we’ll be doing something about it."

Read more: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...ities-n1055611

47of74 (17,259 posts)

1. I fucking hate him.

I have no problem saying it either and I have no fucks left to give for anyone who wants to criticize me over that either.
    RKP5637 (56,406 posts) 3. The guy is a monster and trash!!! n/t
    The Velveteen Ocelot (74,604 posts) 5. To him homeless people are basically vermin, like rats,

whose presence is annoying to the wealthy. God forbid that penthouse owners like himself should have to tolerate the sight of people who aren't wearing Armani suits.
    Sure. They think that because that's EXACTLY the way Democrats and the Democrat majority city and state governments have TREATED the HOMELESS.

patphil (520 posts)

10. I was thinking the same thing.

He sees the homeless as something to be cleansed from the streets. Not a bit of concern for them as people, only what he believes it costs him to have his customers see them.
    Nothing about helping lift them out of their impoverished condition.
    Not a shred of humanity in Trump whatsoever.
    A true Satan if I have ever seen one, and I have seen many over the years.

Patrick Phillips
    What have Democrats done? NOTHING!

Bettie (7,187 posts)

6. I too, fucking hate him

I also suspect this is another trial balloon.

Now he's talking about how bad homeless people are, how they take the value of properties down.

There's a plan to "house" them out of public sight.

Next, they will begin rounding them up and caging them.

Voila, he has a precedent for rounding up citizens for being somehow disruptive to commerce.

One step closer to dictatorship.
    MRDAWG (141 posts)
    11. What did Jusus say about a homeless man? See ......

Luke 16:19–31). The rich man passed him by and round up in Hell.
    Why, that's EXACTLY what the DEMOCRAT PARTY has done. Allowed the homeless camps to proliferate, expand and exist in filth.
    Liberals are divorced from reality and they think it's great. When you live in la la land you're never wrong, it's always the other person/groups fault and you can believe what you want to believe and call it 'truth'.

Instead coming with a solution, they go right into " I HATE TRUMP " rant.

The Democrats created this problem through decades of mismanagement and they only want throw a bitch fit whenever someone points it out.
    Democrats have turned America's cities into worse places then third-word countries, human shit every where, drug needles all over the place, crime going up, violence in the streets with mentally ill and junkies.
    Is the great Utopia the Democrats have promising everyone since 1933?

Its past time we hold these jerkazoids accountable for mess they created.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

San Francisco. But for several creeks and a river, San Jose would be as bad. I drive by this every day going to work.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

There's a Chinese restaurant near my office that I get food from at least weekly. Until about 3 weeks ago, I would always have to pass a beggar to go in. Either the city or the landlord has gotten serious about keeping them away, because they haven't been there lately.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    There's a Chinese restaurant near my office that I get food from at least weekly. Until about 3 weeks ago, I would always have to pass a beggar to go in. Either the city or the landlord has gotten serious about keeping them away, because they haven't been there lately.
    I had one at the Dunkin' Donuts drive thru standing right by the window. That said, homeless are a problem but if these DUmmies think so highly of them then why not invite them to set up camps in their neighborhoods.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I had one at the Dunkin' Donuts drive thru standing right by the window. That said, homeless are a problem but if these DUmmies think so highly of them then why not invite them to set up camps in their neighborhoods.
    SF did.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    SF did.
    In Detroit, they have lot of hiding places and there are a lot of shelters. We have winter here, but the shelters are year-round. If you are in a shelter, it moves you up on the Section 8 list. Plus, we have the organization that has built a neighborhood of tiny houses for homeless veterans.

But real estate is cheap in Detroit, if you find locations outside of downtown. That's not the case in SF or Portland.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    They act like it's not a serious problem to businesses, but yet even very liberal cites are employing anti-homeless tactics to keep them away from certain areas where they hurt businesses and land values.

Bike racks and fencing around bridges to keep homeless from sleeping in these areas.

Spikes placed along business's to keep homeless from sleeping infront of them.

Benches built with metal dividers so people can't sleep on them.

Water sprinklers to constantly spray water to drive away homeless.

Not to forget installing speakers that play annoying sounds or music to drive away homeless too.

So while they pretend they care, all of these are built in cities they control.

I believe there’s a public hearing about the homelessness problem before the Austin City Council today, just a little over an hour from now. It’ll be the usual yawn fest. The people who signed up to speak will be talking to brick wall. They won’t do a damn thing other than make it worse. Business owners are growing tired of having to scoop human poop right at the front door of their establishment.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    I believe there’s a public hearing about the homelessness problem before the Austin City Council today, just a little over an hour from now. It’ll be the usual yawn fest. The people who signed up to speak will be talking to brick wall. They won’t do a damn thing other than make it worse. Business owners are growing tired of having to scoop human poop right at the front door of their establishment.
    Is Austin really getting that bad?
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender