Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 The Trump depression: Experts see a serious psychological depression taking hold in A 
    link

The DUmmies and evidently the rest of the Jack*sses are depressed, angry and exhausted because being the narcissists that they are they think that they should get whatever they want................and waaaaaaaa.......President Trump isn't giving them what they want. So their depression and anger are the fault of President Trump. And so SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!!!111!!

bdamomma (52,147 posts)

The Trump depression: Experts see a serious psychological depression taking hold in America.

https://www.alternet.org/2019/09/the...1760&list_id=2

snip of article:

Reviewing “Trump’s Wacky, Angry, and Extreme August” on Twitter, the New Yorker’s Susan Glasser said the experience “was exhausting, a dark journey to a nasty and contentious place.” But that’s hardly news: it’s a place we live in every day. We try to turn the volume down and ignore it, and that may work for a while. But it won’t last. It can’t. It’s getting worse, and we can all see where we’re headed.

We know who Donald Trump admires, who he wants to be like — “president for life” as he keeps on telling us — and the countries they rule. Even as Trump insulted Americans and allies with abandon, Glasser noted, he found time to praise North Korea’s Kim Jong-un, Chinese President Xi Jinping, and Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro.

America is nowhere near as bad as Brazil or China, much less North Korea. But our democracy is eroding significantly. Varieties of Democracy (V-Dem) tracks hundreds of attributes of democracy for 202 countries, spanning more than two centuries. Its 2019 report found that “24 countries are now severely affected by what is established as a ‘third wave of autocratization,'” an erosion of democratic rights “that has slowly gained momentum since the mid 1990s. … Among them are populous countries such as Brazil, India and the United States.”

If Trump has his way — demolishing all restraints on his power — things will only get much worse, with the journey Glasser took as a tour book guide of what’s to come. And people are feeling it in their bones.

we must do everything in our power to stop this cancer.

FirstLight (10,355 posts)

1. I feel it

I also wonder if they do studies, they would see an uptick in alcohol abuse etc...anything to numb the torment.
    Meaning jack*sses are unable to handle losing without turning to alcoholism, domestic violence and/or opoid abuse to handle having a President who doesn't advance the leftist agenda.

bdamomma (52,147 posts)
    2. mental health issues

are taking hold too. Remember there are professionals to go to if people feel the need to talk to someone.
    SunSeeker (36,455 posts)

4. The professionals haven't been much help.

My husband has gone through 2 therapists over the last two years to deal with his depression that descended upon him with Trump taking office. They have been unable to make him feel better.
    DENVERPOPS (310 posts)

21. there is no amount

There is no amount of Therapy that can help with this overwhelming feeling of helplessness and hopelessness that people are feeling.
    They know that there is nothing they can do or say that will change what is being forced up on the citizens of the U.S. by these Fascist/Psychopaths....
    *snort* The idiots are mad that Hillary, B*tt F*ck Barry and their merry band of fascists have been stopped from advancing their authoritarian dictatorial agenda.

cilla4progress (11,738 posts)

7. I want to adress this with my doctor,

but I sense she's a fundie, so...
    shanti (19,596 posts)

51. I told my doctor that this would happen

after Chump was elected, and she just gave me a bemused look. She certainly didn't take me seriously.
    Hawaii Hiker (3,041 posts)

8. Many sleepless nights here

Trump might be the worst thing that ever happened to this country....This bastard truly makes one miss George W Bush..
    There were many people, myself included who hated Obama and his fascist liberal agenda. Democrats seem to think that THEY are oh so special that THEY don't ever have to endure President they don't agree with. They're NOT.

RKP5637 (56,406 posts)

9. It just doesn't let up with this asshole in the WH. Every day it morphs into something new.

Those slapping their thighs and smiling/clapping thinking tRump's one of them are in for a very rude and evil surprise. They are being duped by a clever con artist. They need to read some history of what has happened in other countries. tRump, is in this for himself and F everyone else. He is a narcissistic con artist, and he is NOT your friend!

Several of my doctors have said they have patients suffering from this, mainly high blood pressure, etc. And they have seen it affecting both L, R and Independents. None seem to be really immune.
    LOL. No we're NOT being "DUPED". Jack*sses continue to be jack*sses.

SeaTownBlue (13 posts)

14. PTSD - Not Depression

Trump assaults America every day.

Just as Putin orders.
    Jack*sses/Propagadists think seem to think that if they use hysterical hyperbole that then something must be done to make them 'feel better'.

TNNurse (3,775 posts) 16. I believe I drink more since he invaded our government.
    No "invasion". And if jack*sses are drunk alcoholics it's THEIR PROBLEM, THEIR DECISION to drink.

rickyhall (1,157 posts)

17. "taking" or "taken"

The Republican Depression has been going on since 2010 at least. In fact, I'm thinking more like 2000, when the W Coup occurred. The 21st Century hasn't happened for us, we're still moving backward.
    "Republican depression" meaning smug entitled liberals are acting like a temper tantrum throwing 3 year old demanding that THEY always win and if they don't they'll make sure everyone regrets it.

OliverQ (2,017 posts)

19. My depression and anxiety have gotten much worse since Trump took office.

Things just feel hopeless with how fast this country is collapsing.

My psychiatrist says most of her patients have said Trump and the current political environment have really harmed their mental health. Almost all her patients bring it up in their sessions.
    LiberalFighter (38,239 posts)
    24. Prison for life for Trump and family.
    2naSalit (29,194 posts)

56. My therapist told me that

a large number of their patients have anxiety over the government since late 2016. For me it's like the background noise that is incessant and grinding. I can ignore it for a time when I go to the farm but when I am done with having my head focused on something of interest to me, it's back to the old same tension.

My PTSD has been harder to deal with since November 2016, without question. And I thought it was bad when W was around.
    njhoneybadger (2,378 posts)

76. No shit, I'm bouncing back in forth from rage to depression Like a tennis ball
    Liberals are divorced from reality and they think it's great. When you live in la la land you're never wrong, it's always the other person/groups fault and you can believe what you want to believe and call it 'truth'.

SunSeeker (36,455 posts)

My husband has gone through 2 therapists over the last two years to deal with his depression that descended upon him with Trump taking office. They have been unable to make him feel better.
    ROFL. That's not a husband, that's a snowflake.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Gawd they're pathetic. And proud of telling everyone that they're crazy.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    SunSeeker (36,455 posts)

What a pathetic loser! You take one of these
    Libtards and don't give them what they want
    and they go to pieces!!

DU's servers are going to turn into a pile
    of melted goo when they announce the
    President has won again.

It will definitely be an all nighter here
    on CU for me.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I have a suggestion for them... Find something else to do other than constantly jerking off to your TDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    I have a suggestion for them... Find something else to do other than constantly jerking off to your TDS.

Professional victims do vex me.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

The lack of the ability of not being able to cope with reality is nothing to brag about.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    The TDS Carousel is going past the squishy brown 25th Amendment Ring. Next week it'll be a different squishy odoriferous brown ring.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Should have been a psychologist making a mint off these moonbats.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

My mom's anti-depressants seem to be working for her. Also, she's becoming an facebook activist, when she's not stalking me on facebook to make sure that she corrects any statement I make that she disagrees with or to correct me if I say anything that might lead others to question her parenting skills.

My dad might have had Alzheimer's, but at least he didn't use social media.