Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My mom's anti-depressants seem to be working for her. Also, she's becoming an facebook activist, when she's not stalking me on facebook to make sure that she corrects any statement I make that she disagrees with or to correct me if I say anything that might lead others to question her parenting skills.
    FB has a way of excluding a FB Friend's posts from one's feed without UnFriending them. Maybe that will keep her stuff out of your feed, (though others will see it). If it doesn't keep her responses to your posts out of your feed, you're kind of stuck between "Grin and bear it" or UnFriending her. All in all, not a great situation, .
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    FB has a way of excluding a FB Friend's posts from one's feed without UnFriending them. Maybe that will keep her stuff out of your feed, (though others will see it). If it doesn't keep her responses to your posts out of your feed, you're kind of stuck between "Grin and bear it" or UnFriending her. All in all, not a great situation, .
    I bear it. She's 80 and pretty independent. She's always had Borderline Personality Disorder. She can't stand it when her offspring say anything that she can perceive as critical of her parenting skills. "You make me feel bad when you say that", and I make her feel bad because I don't hug her with enough enthusiasm.

My childhood friends don't see her as she is. They think she's the cool mom who let me watch R rated movies when I was 12, took me to see Animal House and The Cars in concert. She is that mom, but she also is the mom who wanted to force me to go to therapy because I was involved in an evangelical group (Young Life).

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My childhood friends don't see her as she is. They think she's the cool mom who let me watch R rated movies when I was 12, took me to see Animal House and The Cars in concert. She is that mom, but she also is the mom who wanted to force me to go to therapy because I was involved in an evangelical group (Young Life).
    Young Life is a seriously scary bunch! More seriously, the mentoring of a college senior Young Life leader had a very great impact on my life.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Young Life is a seriously scary bunch! More seriously, the mentoring of a college senior Young Life leader had a very great impact on my life.
    My brother told my mom it was a cult, and he made all the decisions regarding my social life until after my 18th birthday.

My mom let me go to club nights, mainly because a couple of her friends from church let their kids go. If I didn't go to my church's youth group, I couldn't go to YL. When I wanted to go to camp, she said no. When the YL leader asked me if I was going, I told him my mom didn't approve. He said "don't you have 2 parents?". Then he went and had lunch with my dad at Rotary Club the next day. My dad came home from work and asked me if there was something I wanted to talk about. He and my mom then had a huge fight and I got to go to camp. I had so much fun.

It is kind of ironic that a YL leader taught me how to play my parents against each other, although I think he saw it as helping a dad stand up for his daughter. I only did that once, in college, I learned how to play everyone else against my brother.