1. #1 I am totally worn out. 
    link

Liberal brats think that they are entitled to whatever they want. And when they don't get it they have temper tantrum after temper tantrum.

What hyperbole. It's a "nightmare" that not only do they not get what they want but they are l unable to bribe, shame or extort the President to do what they want. They and their tantrums and lies create the 'drama' and 'chaos' then they blame it on those who don't give in to their demands.

I guess we're supposed to feel oh so sorry that the idiots cannot handle not getting what they want and demand without having anxiety requiring meds.

redstatebluegirl (6,764 posts)

I am totally worn out.

Every single day since November 2016 has been a new nightmare. There has not been one day that hasn't had some kind of new drama that challenges democracy and any sense of decency. Good people are challenged by racists and others who hate anyone who is not white, straight, male and christian, at work, at home by extended family it is debilitating to our spirit as humans and our country.

I honestly think this crazy man in the white house enjoys chaos, he can't function without drama. He has used it his entire life to divert attention from the horrible things he does every single day.

I have begun to take 2 days of "news vacation" every week in order to keep my health in check. The sooner this menace is out of the white house the better. I swear they will have to fumigate it and bring in a person to evict the evil from the place before the next occupant comes in.

The sad thing is, after he is gone, he will continue to crave attention and will use the MSM to get that just like he does now. He will never leave the news cycle until he has moved on to wherever he will go when he passes or is in jail.

Doctors have told me that they have people every day in their offices looking for anxiety meds and when they ask questions to get down to the cause it is almost always 45 and the current climate in this country. I don't really believe it will improve when he is gone. The racists have crawled out from under their rocks and feel emboldened to do lots of terrible things to our country. Pushing them back under there will be a challenge.
    honest.abe (2,549 posts)

3. I cant watch the news.

I get angry just seeing his stupid face. I just turn it off. I just pray that we are able to win in 2020 and put that horrible asshole in jail. If we lose again Im not sure what I will do.
    Right. Jack*sses want to "jail" their political opponent for DARING to win. He's done nothing criminal or they would be able to detail WHAT he did, WHEN and WHERE he did it and the LEGAL statute that he transgressed.
    bdamomma (52,161 posts)

36. not to be funny

or defeatist, apply or renew a passport.
    honest.abe (2,549 posts)

38. Actually it is funny you mention that... I did just renew my passport!

That was for an upcoming trip but my wife and I are actually planning to move to Panama to retire.. if our financial situation is stable.. and if Trump wins, we will move even sooner.

Panama has a great program called the "Pensionado Visa". There are lots of expats already there. It used to be a really good deal financially but over the years costs have gone up but its still better than most cities here in the US... plus is a beautiful place with great food and good weather depending on the location.

Trump has made me to begin to despise this country when just a few years ago during the Obama years I was so proud to be an American. Trump has ripped that right out of me.
    Paladin (20,179 posts)

6. I've got enough strength to cast a vote against trump, but that's about it.

My love and admiration for this country are pretty much things of the past, however. trump and his goons, coupled with an ineffective Democratic response, put whatever patriotism I had in the toilet.
    Peregrine Took (5,706 posts)

10. My friend gets angry if I even mention "its" name in an email.

Frustrating, as we are in tune on so many issues but she can't stand to see, hear or even read something about him.
    Too upsetting.
    Ilsa (52,787 posts)

11. You're only a day behind me:

https://www.democraticunderground.co...2&pid=12476476

Ilsa (52,787 posts) I'm really effin' tired of this shit.

Every day, another scandal in this administration, not just of amorality, but involving national security, corruption, etc.

I hope there is time to investigate them all, but I'd settle for something that gets their collective asses thrown in the hoosegow.
    lastlib (12,675 posts)

15. Kipling:

"If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on".
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it..."

"Fight the good fight every moment!" Hold on, milady--There WILL be a morning after!
    Celerity (5,045 posts)

35. British Students Paint Over Kipling Mural, Protesting 'Racist Attitudes'

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/19/b...ing-mural.html

LONDON — Deej Malik-Johnson, an elected representative at the University of Manchester’s students’ union, came into his office on Friday to find a poem painted on a wall opposite it. The poem, Rudyard Kipling’s “If,” is well-loved in Britain — it has been repeatedly voted the nation’s favorite — and is almost a pioneer of self-help writing. (“Keep your head when all about you/Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,” it advises.) It had been painted there by staff who manage the union’s building as part of a refurbishment.

Mr. Malik-Johnson and his fellow student representatives were not happy. In a telephone interview, he said that Kipling, an English journalist, author and poet who won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1907 and wrote “The Jungle Book,” supported “colonialism and had racist attitudes.” Mr. Malik-Johnson pointed to works like Kipling’s poem “The White Man’s Burden.”

Around 40 percent of the university’s students comes from outside Britain, Mr. Malik-Johnson pointed out. He said that views such as Kipling’s did not fit in with a diverse body.

So Mr. Malik-Johnson and his colleagues painted over it with another poem by the African-American poet Maya Angelou instead. “We weren’t trying to erase Kipling — we did it deliberately so you could still see his words,” Mr. Malik-Johnson said. “It was to start a conversation.”

snip

Typical Jack*sses. They are all about judging others and destroying anything they don't like. In that respect they are no different than the Muslim extremists.

Someone ought to go in and destroy/paint over that which they are sooooo proud of. They are nothing more than intolerant PIGS.

volstork (3,654 posts)

17. I agree 100%.

Election night was one of the worst nights of my life, and I’ve seen some pretty bad stuff in my day. I am in my 50s and am afraid in a way I never have been before. I haven’t watched tv news since Inauguration Day, because I knew they were going to pretend like everything was completely normal, and I just couldn’t take it. I get my news from NYT, waPo, and The Guardian, and DU is an absolute life line for me.
    Thanks for sharing, and thanks to the community here for injecting a little sanity into my life.
    smirkymonkey (44,503 posts)

22. I completely know how you feel, redstatebluegirl.

I really do. It is exhausting, discouraging and depressing. For my own sanity, I find that I sometimes need to take some time out to read or watch movies or go on You Tube and watch funny videos or listen to music. Something that is life affirming and that takes my mind out of the gutter that Trump always drags it down to.

He is poison. He poisons our nation, our minds, our spirit, our souls and everything that is good in this world. I know that we need to continue to fight against him, but we need to remember to keep ourselves strong and if taking a break every now and then makes it easier to cope, then that is what has to be done.

Take care of yourself!
    ehrnst (24,529 posts)

27. Yep. We have an abuser in the WH.

He's doing this to the country. He wants us exhausted and disoriented - and hopefully at each others throats, and blaming our leaders.

Hopefully, the criminal justice system will be intact enough, post Barr, to make him pay at least in part.

Self care is vital right now.
    There you have it. If the Jack*sses in the Jack*ss Party are "abused" if they don't get their way. They are the one's who have MAJOR mental health problems, probably by being catered to from birth. It isn't FAIR that they EVER EXPERIENCE losing, and they're going to make sure everyone knows it.
    Liberals are divorced from reality and they think it's great. When you live in la la land you're never wrong, it's always the other person/groups fault and you can believe what you want to believe and call it 'truth'.

Only five and a half years of Trump left for you to suffer through.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Stop living your pathetic lives obsessing over politics!
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

These losers seem to be mentally incapacitated. Is there a way we can invoke the 25th amendment to prevent them from voting and fucking up the country with their candidate?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Stop living your pathetic lives obsessing over politics!
    Not possible. And may Trump haunt their dreams!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

What they want is a nation that will do the following things, not for the betterment of the nation, but to make them feel good; fore the Left its better to feel good , then do good.

* The heavy Blue States ( New York , California, Illinois) get to decide who's President and set policy for all the other States.

* The Bill Of Rights can and should be ignored when it goes against the wishes of those on The Left ( Free Speech and Gun Control ).

* That America should come last in all foreign policies.

* The native population of America should be replaced with people from other countries.

* Children should be seen as a resource to be used ( sexual objects).

* History should be erased ( books, literature, movies, music and art- statues ).

If we allow them to do these things and more, we would quickly find ourselves in an Orwellian nightmare that we may never crawl out of.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Yes, that is what they want.

If we allow them to do these things and more, we would quickly find ourselves in an Orwellian nightmare that we may never crawl out of.
    That's for sure.
    Liberals are divorced from reality and they think it's great. When you live in la la land you're never wrong, it's always the other person/groups fault and you can believe what you want to believe and call it 'truth'.