1. #1 Pope Francis: Money Is ‘the Devil’s Dung’ 
    Pope Francis returned to his criticisms of the economy Sunday, saying that money is “dishonest wealth,” also known as “the devil’s dung.”

Speaking in Saint Peter’s Square in the Vatican, the pontiff told the tens of thousands of pilgrims and visitors to beware of riches in reference to the gospel reading of the day.

“The key to understanding this story lies in Jesus’ invitation at the end of the parable,” the pope said. “‘I tell you, make friends for yourselves with dishonest wealth, so that when it fails, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings.’”

“This seems a bit confusing, but it is not,” he added. “‘Dishonest wealth’ is money, also called ‘the devil’s dung,’ and in general, material goods.”

“Wealth can drive people to erect walls, create divisions, and discriminate,” Francis continued.
    Perhaps he can lead by example and shovel out the Vatican's coffers !

https://www.breitbart.com/faith/2019...devils-dung-2/
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    You can pile that dung in my house any time you like, I'll make more room if needed.

Money is a tool. It is neither good nor evil. Evil is found in the love of money and what people are willing to do to get and keep it. That is what Satan does. He corrupts the useful and what is good so that these things server is interests and not God's.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Money is a tool. It is neither good nor evil. Evil is found in the love of money and what people are willing to do to get and keep it. That is what Satan does. He corrupts the useful and what is good so that these things server is interests and not God's.

My brother has always verbally denounced the accumulation of wealth. Guess who made a million over a couple of decades of day-trading?

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My brother has always verbally denounced the accumulation of wealth. Guess who made a million over a couple of decades of day-trading?
    Wealth is not a problem per say, it is the doors that wealth may cause to be opened that would be better of shut.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22