1. #1 Jelly-like blob baffling 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Jelly-like blob baffling

tBeachgoers at busy Piha have been scratching their heads all week after the discovery of a large, white jelly-like substance washed in by the breakers on Sunday.

Eight-year-old Declan Honan-Crann of Glen Eden is among those speculating over what it might be.
    "It looks like an animal of some sort, but I canít tell what type," he says."It doesnít look like a rock or a washed-up tree and when I poked it with my foot it shook like a huge jelly."

Declanís uncle Vincent Honan says the quivering blob looks like a mysterious sea creature of some sort."Itís very unusual to see something like this, I walk my dog at Piha regularly and have never seen anything like it. Itís interesting and strange to see it there."Other people have differing views.Some think the mound is a giant squid and there has even been talk of alien visitors.

Regular Piha beachgoer Jack Young is stumped.

"I know there was a whale washed up on to the beach in the 1950s but Iíve had a place out here since 1965 and have never seen anything like this.

"I do see the occasional fur seal on the beach but this is really unusual."

Conservation Department marine ranger Karl McLeod says the 2.5 metre by 1 metre wide chunk of blubber comes from an animal that died at sea some time ago.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4812916a4560.html

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Jelly-like blob baffling

tBeachgoers at busy Piha have been scratching their heads all week after the discovery of a large, white jelly-like substance washed in by the breakers on Sunday.

Eight-year-old Declan Honan-Crann of Glen Eden is among those speculating over what it might be.
    "It looks like an animal of some sort, but I canít tell what type," he says."It doesnít look like a rock or a washed-up tree and when I poked it with my foot it shook like a huge jelly."

Declanís uncle Vincent Honan says the quivering blob looks like a mysterious sea creature of some sort."Itís very unusual to see something like this, I walk my dog at Piha regularly and have never seen anything like it. Itís interesting and strange to see it there."Other people have differing views.Some think the mound is a giant squid and there has even been talk of alien visitors.

Regular Piha beachgoer Jack Young is stumped.

"I know there was a whale washed up on to the beach in the 1950s but Iíve had a place out here since 1965 and have never seen anything like this.

"I do see the occasional fur seal on the beach but this is really unusual."

Conservation Department marine ranger Karl McLeod says the 2.5 metre by 1 metre wide chunk of blubber comes from an animal that died at sea some time ago.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4812916a4560.html
    It's too small to be Roseanne Barr... :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

BSR
    Anyone seen Ted Kennedy lately?

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by BSR View Post
    Barney fell overboard on a 'Queer Pride ' cruise !

Rosie O'Donnell?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Its' prolly a big wad of whale spooge. :eek:
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    okay okay
    I'll stay off the public beaches :o sheeeeeeesh people you dont' have to make such a big deal out of it.
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by BSR View Post
    Teddy should stay away from the water. Nothing good comes of it for him. Aside from the Chappaquiddick crawl, there's also a National Enquirer photo of him from a few years later, showing him flagrante delicto in a small boat with a woman other than his wife (you can see his head, back and butt just over the side of the dingy, and it's clearly recognizable as him). Another senator, Howell Heflin, announced that he was pleased to see that the senator from Massachussetts had changed his position on offshore drilling. BTW, if anyone can find that photo, I'd love a copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Rosie O'Donnell?
    No, the mass isn't large enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Its' prolly a big wad of whale spooge. :eek:
    I already said that it wasn't Roseanne Barr.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I already said that it wasn't Roseanne Barr.
    Touche :p

prolly what's left from a kraken.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.