1. #1 I have basked in the glow of Rachel Madow 
    link

leftieNanner (3,142 posts)

I have basked in the glow of Rachel Madow

And lived to tell the tale! I just returned home from a wild 27 hour journey to San Francisco and back (14 hours of driving total) in order to attend Rachel Maddow's book release event at the City Arts & Lectures theater. The ticket included a copy of the book Blowout and I am excited to read it. The event was completely sold out on the night she announced it. I was very lucky to buy my tickets immediately so I only had to pay $59. The guys sitting behind me paid $400 each!

Anyway, she spoke for a few minutes and then read an exerpt from the book. The crowd was enthusiastic (massive understatement!) and then she was interviewed by Dan Pfeiffer (President Obama's Communications Director). It was all so funny and fabulous - like having my own personal Rachel Maddow Show without any commercials. It was ALL A-block! And she left us (as she always does) laughing, better educated, and hopeful.

The audio of the event will be posted on the City Arts & Lectures podcast at some point in the near future, and it will be offered on KQED 88.5 FM soon. The website is cityarts.net. I will post again when I see that it is available. Be sure to listen!

FakeNoose (12,596 posts)

1. I am green with envy

You lucky dog!

lunatica (43,960 posts)

2. What a great day for you!

I can only imagine the enthusiasm and excitement in the room. It must feel comforting to see so many fans there. She is very special and I imagine her fans are too.

It must have felt like you were in a room with soulmates!
    mahina (9,999 posts) 3. I'm listening to the audiobook right now.

A little jealous if I’m honest.

Lucky bug!

6. I think I'll put that on my Xmas list!

Because I understand that it's her voice reading her own book.
    I'm always disappointed every week night after she signs off. If I purchase the audio book, then I can listen to her at will.

Excellent idea!
    Mr.Bill (7,160 posts)

10. I'd like to get drunk with Rachel.

With her making the drinks, of course.
    Raster (19,541 posts)

21. I am a long-time Rachel fan... she is absolutely BRILLIANT...

...and this older gay man finds her absolutely adorable. Rachel rocks. And when broadcast awards are handed out, Rachel should get a Pulitzer for her steady, on-point reporting about the tRump* nightmare that consumes us. Rachel rocks!

LOL. She's their god; she's soooo wonderful cuz she dishes the lies they want to hear.
    Liberals are divorced from reality and they think it's great. When you live in la la land you're never wrong, it's always the other person/groups fault and you can believe what you want to believe and call it 'truth'.

I think a root canal without novocain would have more enjoyable than that sit down with madcow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    You Libtard fools are making her rich but
    of course that's ok since she's one of your
    kind.

I wonder if she laughs at you suckers
    for buying her bile???
    May the FORCE be with you!

That's not a mental image suitable for those insufficiently fortified with caffeine. And for all that ecstasy you would think leftieNanner would have learned how to spell MadCow's name.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

I have basked in the glow of Rachel Madow
    Not PTArmigan. Just Anti Anti-gun.

I'm getting a Jim Jones vibe from this.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.