Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Blizzard pulls Blitzchung from Hearthstone tournament over support for Hong Kong.. 
    Blizzard pulls Blitzchung from Hearthstone tournament over support for Hong Kong protests

Debating putting this here or over in End of teh World. Is this really where we have come to?

After making a statement in support of the 2019 Hong Kong protests during a "Grandmasters" competition for the video game Hearthstone, pro player Chung "Blitzchung" Ng Wai has been removed from the tournament by Blizzard. The company also ruled that he's "ineligible to participate in Hearthstone esports for 12 months."

Blizzard, the company behind both the game Hearthstone and the competition, said in a statement that Blitzchung had broken a rule. The rule in question involved "engaging" in an act that, "in Blizzard's sole discretion" brings into "public disrepute, offends a portion or group of the public or otherwise damages" Blizzard's image.
    very important piece of information from the article

Blizzard is part-owned by Chinese company Tencent. As of 2017, the company owned 4.9% of shares in Activision Blizzard. It also has stakes in video game companies like Ubisoft, Epic and Riot Games among others.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

and the internet is as fast on it as ever...

Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

China banned South Park for saying that President Xi looks like Winnie the Pooh. We'll see if Comedy Central backs Parker and Stone or caves like they did regarding showing an image of the Prophet Muhammed, by censoring it out.

As far as the Hong Kong protests are concerned, I support the protestors. I just worry that China is going to do what they did in Tiannaman Square and open fire on peaceful protestors.

I thought Blizzard was supposed to stay apolitical.

Quote Originally Posted by hai View Post
    I thought Blizzard was supposed to stay apolitical.
    That’s what you get for thinking
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Last week’s episode, “Band In China,” took direct aim not only at China’s history of suppression, but also the sniveling acquiescence of Disney and the N.B.A., who just can’t turn from that sweet China cash. Parker and Stone folded in jokes about a number of testy issues, from the country’s condemnation of the Dalai Lama to its stance on homosexuality to accusations that it harvests the organs of prisoners. It also made Winnie The Pooh a character, as the beloved bear is banned due to innumerable folks comparing his likeness to that of China’s president, Xi Jinping.

https://news.avclub.com/watch-the-so...d-i-1838875858

The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

Candace Owens for President 2024.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQgbN76AWrw

I'll be watching tonight to see if they take it farther.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    China banned South Park for saying that President Xi looks like Winnie the Pooh. We'll see if Comedy Central backs Parker and Stone or caves like they did regarding showing an image of the Prophet Muhammed, by censoring it out.

As far as the Hong Kong protests are concerned, I support the protestors. I just worry that China is going to do what they did in Tiannaman Square and open fire on peaceful protestors.
    There was a very funny meme on FB about that with a super-snark 'Nopology' from Parker and Stone.

Glenn Beck, this morning, encouraged his listeners to attend a pre-season NBA game and start chanting "Free Hong Kong".'

The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

Candace Owens for President 2024.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQgbN76AWrw

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    That’s what you get for thinking
    I think most companies usually try to stay away from politics.

I remember once when a family member had a shop, someone put a political sticker on the car and they got really upset about it, cause companies aren't supposed to endorse any political person.