Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    However, he's featured prominantly in the episode Super Best Friends:

Note that they don't repeat that episode very often. I have seen it, though, and I don't think that the way Muhammed is portrayed is any more offensive than Moses being a big dreidel-shaped head, Jesus with his talk show, or whatever other religious figures were part of the Super Best Friends. Other than the whole "No image of Muhammed" thing, that is. Plus, all of the others make fun of "Sea Man".

Maybe I'm confusing it with Family Guy and Fox-I know one of the "adult" cartoons censored an image of Muhammed.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Maybe I'm confusing it with Family Guy and Fox-I know one of the "adult" cartoons censored an image of Muhammed.
    No, you're right. It was South Park. That first episode where they did show Muhammed was before there was any controversy. The second time is when they didn't show it. The confusion is probably because that episode is also making fun of Family Guy (such as the hilarious bit where the ideas for Family Guy come from mantees in a tank full of balls).

Now then, a question for any DUmmies that might be lurking, who might be supporting Blitzchung and not Blizzard or the Chinese:

What exactly is the difference between being banned for showing support for Hong Kong and being banned for showing support for Trump? Or being banned because you might not agree with the global warming/gay/abortion/transgender/gun control agenda? Or being threatened with violence (or in some cases, actually occurring) because you're wearing a red hat? Or being harrassed and run out of restaurants because you might be associated with Trump in some way?
    Last edited by Happy Fun Ball; 10-10-2019 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hai View Post
    I wonder if a letter writing campaign or a petition would change things.

Like telling everyone to write angry letters to Blizzard.
    Writing letters are a big waste of time. The people that run Blizzard don't give a damn if people write them letters complaining about their actions. The only thing that companies like Blizzard care about is money. Cut that off by not buying their products or deactivating accounts are the only way to get their attention.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    I didn't realise China had government officials serving on Blizzard/Activision's board of directors. The Chinese government, not Blizzard, are the ones pulling the strings and making the rules. And those companies kowtowing to censorship from China don't give a damn about free speech or freedom from oppression. The only thing they care about is money. I, for one, will never purchase any Blizzard or Activision products ever again. They have lost me as a customer and I'm seeing others doing this as well.
    Tencent owns a chunk of Blizzard, a small chunk right now, but a chunk nevertheless, and a disturbing number of other international tech companies, and is as monolithic in China as Facebook and Google are here, if not more so. Of course, the Chicoms have their hand in anything going on under the regime. There is evidence of China using Tencent platforms to monitor citizens, and of the government having content removed that doesn't forward the Party.

Every game company that Tencent has invested in

5 Things to Know About Tencent, the Chinese Internet Giant That's Worth More Than Facebook Now A little old, but other readings show little has changed

Worried about Huawei? Take a closer look at Tencent

Chinese Tech Giant Tencent and its Relationship with the Chinese Government

This event, the messes with the NBA and South Park, the movement of the Hong Kong protests off the news radar, and some accounts I'm hearing of Hollywood studios running scripts by the Chicoms to make sure the movies get shown in China (which is becoming the biggest box office market in the world) are all disturbingly reminiscent of how pre-WWII Germany was being handled. Too many people are ignoring the human rights abuses, the military expansion, and other signs of the dookie moving rapidly towards the fan. Some are ignoring it out of ignorance, some out of interest in profits, some because it's just too darn confusing and they are more interested in the latest social media distraction.

I also agree that letters are pointless, unless they are explanations of why you, and as many people as you know, are deactivating accounts and not purchasing future products.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

I hope South Park does a sequel to that WoW episode where the game is now a Chinese-like dictatorship and that troll from the first episode is now killing everyone that says the wrong thing (the list of wrong things increases exponentially by the minute).

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Writing letters are a big waste of time. The people that run Blizzard don't give a damn if people write them letters complaining about their actions. The only thing that companies like Blizzard care about is money. Cut that off by not buying their products or deactivating accounts are the only way to get their attention.
    And WOW just thought of adding fox people.

For some reason though,the characters look off for some reason, for some reason i can't put out what looks off about them. But i know they look off.

They seem to look more like fox people goblins.

Like what a actual fox looks like.

Last edited by hai; 10-11-2019 at 02:31 PM.

This is huge.

Some gamers are planning a protest at Blizzcon.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ga...x4DDlkAvSY_fTE