1. #1 1 Arrested, 2 Wanted in Deadly Shooting of Amber Guyger Trial Witness 
    link

When this was reported there was comment after comment claiming that the police shot him in retaliation. A few people cautioned to not jump to conclusions but to the majority that didn't matter.

MicaelS (8,175 posts)

1 Arrested, 2 Wanted in Deadly Shooting of Amber Guyger Trial Witness

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Up...tml?akmobile=o

One man is in custody and two others are wanted in connection with the deadly shooting of the man who testified in the Amber Guyger murder trial.

Joshua Brown, 28, was shot multiple times Friday night at the Atera apartments on Cedar Springs Road, near the Dallas North Tollway and Lemmon Avenue. He died later that night at Parkland Memorial Hospital.

On Tuesday, police said the shooting stemmed from a drug deal between Brown and three suspects who had traveled to Texas from Louisiana.

One man is in custody, police said. Two others — Thaddeous Charles Green and Michael Diaz Mitchell — remain on the run.
    Wow, some criminals killed the guy, NOT the Dallas Police Department.

Looks like a big dish of crow is in order for some people.

Some are predictable. They only believe what they want to believe.

Newest Reality (5,308 posts)

1. Drug deal, huh?

OK. Must have been a big one for three people to travel that far.

It's not like that's never been used before.

I would like a skepticism emoji.

One to watch.
    MicaelS (8,175 posts)

6. As a matter of fact it was a big deal.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...e2q-story.html

Investigators say they confiscated 12 pounds of marijuana, 149 grams of THC cartridges and $4,157 in cash at Brown’s apartment.

And he shot one of them, before they shot and killed him.
    The_jackalope (1,337 posts)

13. The timing of the trial and the murder

is enough to make the speculation that they might be linked reasonable.

I'll need evidence that it was actually a bad drug deal (on edit: so far all we have is the police saying so.) Without some concrete evidence I'm still inclined to suspect police protecting/avenging their sister in uniform.

Such is the reputation of American police, especially in the south.
    What does this idiot need? The drug dealers who are at large to visit him, gun in hand?

Whiskeytide (2,603 posts)

18. Actually, if he had been killed BEFORE he ....

... testified, it would have fit the “cops did it” theory better. Cops risking getting caught killing a witness after he has already testified makes little sense - especially after the trial was concluded. No intimidation motive. Just retribution? That’s a stretch.
    WhiskeyGrinder (6,499 posts)

19. He was murdered before testifying in a civil case against the city of Dallas.

Gidney N Cloyd (16,752 posts)

20. And the appeal.
    Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink
    Response to MicaelS (Original post)
    Tue Oct 8, 2019, 02:37 PM

Archae (40,914 posts)

4. I hate to say "I told you so..."

Oh heck. I do like saying I told you so.

Right away, a bunch of people here jumped on to the haywagon head first, and didn't bother to look if there was a haying fork in the wagon.

(Old Wisconsin farmers' saying..)

"It's a conspiracy of cops!"

No.

Drug deal gone bad.
    leftstreet (32,229 posts)

11. It says a lot about the reputation of law enforcement n/t

former9thward (21,800 posts)

23. No, it says a lot about people who find CTs in everything.
    sarisataka (10,033 posts)

8. I suspect there will be no one in line

At the crow buffet.

If history holds, there will be some who double down and will claim the police hired these men to be assassins or other conspiracy theories. Otherwise, like the recent hair cutting story, most will simply choose to ignore their statements of what was "obvious".

You won't need much more than a thumb to count those who will admit to jumping to a conclusion.
    That's right.
    Liberals are divorced from reality and they think it's great. When you live in la la land you're never wrong, it's always the other person/groups fault and you can believe what you want to believe and call it 'truth'.

I watch mostly CNN and they reported that the guy had survived an earlier shooting, which occurred before the one involving Amber Guyger, and that he was afraid of the people who shot him then coming back for him.

Just another fine outstanding citizen going about his life

Two people have been arrested in connection to the murder of Joshua Brown, a key witness in the murder trial of former Dallas police Officer Amber Guyger, and third suspect has been identified.

Michael Mitchell, 32, who officials say was the suspected getaway driver in the Friday night slaying, was arrested at a motel in Marksville, Louisiana, Tuesday evening, Avoyelles Parish Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Steven Martel said.

Jacquerious Mitchell, 20, had previously been arrested and was in custody at a hospital, Dallas police Assistant Chief Avery Moore said at a news conference Tuesday.

Thaddeous Green, 22, remains at large, police said.

Officials said the three men traveled from Alexandria, Louisiana, to purchase drugs from Brown, 28, in the parking lot of a Dallas apartment complex.

Jacquerious Mitchell told police that Brown shot him in the chest after Green and Brown got into an altercation during the drug deal, and that Green then shot Brown twice, Moore said.

snip

Police confiscated 12 pounds of marijuana, 149 grams of THC cartridges and $4,157 in cash during a search of Brown's home, Moore said.
    I'm guilty of figuring it was some sort of retaliation for his testimony, but looks like just another case of playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes. Somebody coming from out of state coming into pick up, plus the large amounts of product and cash say this guy was deep in the business. Don't feel like looking into records, but I'll bet he has priors.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!