Thread: Snake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Snake 
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    I was sitting outside in a chair visiting with a friend when he said " don't move you have a rattlesnake curled under your chair ready too strike". I looked down and before I knew it my friend kicked me and the chair over and stomped the snake to death.
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Not real big but I still don't want to get bit

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

You owe your friend a beer
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

The last thing you need... reptile-fangs dripping with toxin.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yikes! Trump's fault. Global warming.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    They love to nest under foundations where it's cool. I had all kinds of babies on my porch a few times when I had the little place down the highway from where I now live. Not only those snakes but I had black widows all over the porch area above and in the corners of my little breezeway. The spiders are not a threat unless they get inside your closets and start nesting in your pockets of your clothes or the legs. They are timid and don't jump on you and actually try to get away from you.. I was bitten on my upper left arm when I used my welding gloves that were usually on a nail in the barn where I worked. I felt nothing and never noticed anything until the end of the work day and I had been welding all day building new cane carts for the coming harvest. My arm was about two times the normal size in diameter where the bite occurred and I could turn my arm bite side down and squeeze it and clear running fluid would come out. I went to town and saw a doctor and she stuck a needle into the bite and there was no pain at all , so she gave me a handful of antibiotics which were small packets the drug manufacturer leaves for the doctors to try., three days it was completely back to normal and not even a scar of any kind. Just really strange but I can't say for sure it was a black widow, it couldn't have been a recluse because I would have been down for the count with a bite from one of those suckers. I cannot think of any other type of spider that could have caused what I experienced. Years ago I worked for my father in law in Houston and he was an electrical contractor and doing all the electrical of 400 apartments in Bryan Tx College Station. The plumbers were in deep trenches they had dug and working so my foreman that ran my fathers job site had this big rubber rattle snake and he tossed that snake over and into the ditch the plumbers were working and shovels and helmets and more shovels came flying out of the ditch. It was so funny to see all these guys climbing all over one another to get out of that hole.

I don't like spiders and snakes, and that ain't what it takes to love me!

Scary though. You have a good friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Not real big but I still don't want to get bit

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Can’t say as I’ve ever seen a rattlesnake that had that color pattern but I’ve only been chasing them for 60 years.

Is it a Pygmy rattler?
    Last edited by Retread; 10-09-2019 at 06:08 PM.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Can’t say as I’ve ever seen a rattlesnake that had that color pattern but I’ve only been chasing them for 60 years.

Is it a Pygmy rattler?
    it was a pygmy. You seldom see them, they normally are not aggressive like some of the other rattlers. They are small but their venom is as strong as large rattlers.
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 10-10-2019 at 06:36 AM.
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Itís on my old phone, but I have a pretty good video of a friend of mine blasting a rattlesnake with a 9mm ratshot round. The problem with those ratshot rounds is the gun jams almost every time because they donít recoil like a standard round.

We go to a ranch in Bertram, Texas to fire weapons for a weekend at a time. Iíve never seen so many rattlesnakes. I was carrying a loaded 12 gauge shotgun on my shoulder at all times. We killed three of them that weekend.