1. #1 No foam tomahawks on seats at Braves ballpark after comments by Cards' Helsley 
    No foam tomahawks on seats at Braves ballpark after comments by Cards' Helsley; other changes expected

ATLANTA When fans arrived at SunTrust Park for Game 5 of the National League Division Series, one of the most important playoff games for the Atlanta Braves in more than a decade, there was something missing from their seats Wednesday, something subtle.

The foam tomahawks that had been placed at each seat before games 1 and 2 of this series against the Cardinals were not there this time.

Rookie Ryan Helsley's comments after Game 1 about how he found the Braves' 'Tomahawk Chop' chant "a disappointment" and "disrespectful" to his Cherokee heritage prompted the Braves to consider how they promote the cheer and how they could alter their game-day practices as a result of Helsley's thoughts.
    https://www.stltoday.com/sports/base...108f8d6.html#1

The deciding game of the playoffs have the Braves down 10 to 0 in the 1st inning. Karma for being such weenies and backing down...?
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

well, the Braves got beat and beat badly. Get woke, lose 13-1 at home. Dodgers are winning but it's early in the game.

Dumb that Atlanta catered to the opposing team's resident snowflake.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teresa margaret View Post
    well, the Braves got beat and beat badly. Get woke, lose 13-1 at home. Dodgers are winning but it's early in the game.

Dumb that Atlanta catered to the opposing team's resident snowflake.
    Heard about this tomahawk chop kerfuffle earlier in the baseball series, but didn't post regarding it. From what I gathered, nothing could prevent fans from chanting and performing the chop during the game. Nor bringing their own tomahawks. At least not yet.

And losing by 10 runs through half an inning wouldn't really enhance Braves fans to get feisty. Hopefully the Braves won't cower to the woketards and ban the chant period. But trust me, it is already being discussed.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

It doesn't matter. The only thing the Braves-Cardinals series settled was who gets to be beaten by LA in the NLCS.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    It doesn't matter. The only thing the Braves-Cardinals series settled was who gets to be beaten by LA in the NLCS.
    Ah, no.....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    Ah, no.....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Brutal meltdown by the Dodgers.

The Dodgers should ban fans from having a Clayton Kershaw bobblehead.

Are native americans offended by the tomahawks? Or by the mascot?

I can look at the mascot and think "that's offensive". But I'm not a native American, so I can't be offended on their behalf, especially if they aren't complaining about it.

I have no problem with Native Americans being offended by stereotypical caricatures used as team mascots or advertising images, or non Native Americans agreeing with them about it. I just get sick of people being offended about things that those who are allegedly being mocked by such things are not offended by.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Are native americans offended by the tomahawks? Or by the mascot?

I can look at the mascot and think "that's offensive". But I'm not a native American, so I can't be offended on their behalf, especially if they aren't complaining about it.

I have no problem with Native Americans being offended by stereotypical caricatures used as team mascots or advertising images, or non Native Americans agreeing with them about it. I just get sick of people being offended about things that those who are allegedly being mocked by such things are not offended by.
    The only people who really are against it are the white liberal woke sports journalists.