Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Hey, what's wrong with libertine social views. Some of my best friends are libertines who are, at times, very social! :D
    LOL! As an individual lifestyle it's your own call, if you can afford it. As a social policy it's kind of problematic. :D

First day of summer and I'm 57. Longest day of the year - as my mom knew too well - as I was a breach birth. Imagine that in the time of the Korean War - no wonder I've got such a shitty outlook on life.

(evangelicals: that was an attempt at humor - leave your Bibles in the drawer.

Water's 65 and I was out at 05:30 this morning. Only two other guys out and the waves were 3-4 feet out of the SW. Perfect.

TOTD: They're part of human nature. Don't want to think - don't want to elaborate about your true feelings - want to be lazy? Use a label. I do it - everyone does it. It's as natural as breathing.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I'm proud of you, Bubba.;)
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

A fairly relaxed Saturday.

The Cipro kicked the snot out of the bout of nasty microbial tummy funness I got working the floods last week and with the exception of my lady love being away on business till tomorrow all is right on earth.

TOTD

Too deep for me today I am afraid. I use labels myself but have never thought about why or if it was or was not a good thing. It has always just been part of my categorization of the world for me I guess.

I was in a car accident this morning that was my fault. I was cited for failure to yield and I have to attend Shitty Drivers School on July 5th.

Nobody was hurt and damage was minimal but my insurance will still go up I'm sure. I've spent so much on car repairs this year, I'm beside myself at this point.

I want to simultaneously scream and cry right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    I was in a car accident this morning that was my fault. I was cited for failure to yield and I have to attend Shitty Drivers School on July 5th.
    You have to go to drving school for a simple traffic ticket? Two weeks after it occurred, no less. Are you electing commies in AZ these days?

What if you wanted to fight it?
    Be Not Afraid.

Trade you three children of the corn.
    Woe to those who call evil good
    and good evil,
    who put darkness for light
    and light for darkness,
    who put bitter for sweet
    and sweet for bitter.

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    and clever in their own sight.

Isaiah 5:20-21

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post

Nobody was hurt and damage was minimal but my insurance will still go up I'm sure. I've spent so much on car repairs this year, I'm beside myself at this point.

I want to simultaneously scream and cry right now.
    Sorry about your crash. Glad you're not hurt.

Driving school on July 5th? Geez.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

One of the better day threads, amongst a lot of good ones...

...and, although some sneer at them, DTs are part of what makes CU a good place to be. They are how we get to know each other a bit better, both about how we see things and what's going on in our own lives.

Day stuff ... I've been on a major energy project for the past week, and it's likely to go on for the next month or so. Why I haven't posted that much lately.

Finally got a day off. We went shopping, went to see some friends, and got to drive the new car around as it should be driven, finally.

TOTD...Labels .. great TOTD, great question.

Both in and out of work, I've been constantly reminded that labels, when applied to real people, need to be constantly reassessed, and as such, should probably be avoided altogether.

In other words, take people as you find them. The biggest mistake I've made in life, over again, is to label them and then find out I've been wrong about them, for better or for worse.

I change, people change. everyone changes, all the time.

You label someone, and by doing so, you limit both your ability to change your perception of them and their potential to change, for better or worse.

I see a lot of good people here, who have taken the time to respond to this thread, different, but getting along, at least here. How easy it is to "label" them as different, different as we all are. Yet, we can still get along.

Of course, anyone wants a good ruckus, then let me know ... unless you agree with me, then you're all assholes, and will be labelled by me accordingly :D

Dissent is what makes CU what it is, a great site.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    You have to go to drving school for a simple traffic ticket? Two weeks after it occurred, no less. Are you electing commies in AZ these days?

What if you wanted to fight it?
    I could go to court on July 17th if I wanted to. By going traffic school, 1) I don't have to pay the violation fine, 2) don't have to appear in court, and 3) won't have any points on my driving record.

But traffic school does have to be completed before the court date.