Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 This is the type of story that will cost Trump the election 
    As much as I hate to say it this is deadly for the Trump relection campaign and it can an will be laid at Trump's feet as he made the decision to withdraw troops.

Turkish airstrikes in Syria reportedly target journalist convoy, civilians; at least 9 dead

Fresh airstrikes from Turkey reportedly targeted civilians and a group of foreign reporters in the Syrian border town of Ras al-Ayn, according to monitoring groups and Syrian Kurdish officials.

The Syrian Observatory of Human Rights said the airstrike killed at least nine people - including five civilians on Sunday, while other reports claimed that a convoy with foreign journalists was also targeted, according to Haaretz.

France 24 reported that one journalist was also among the dead, while two French reporters were also injured in the attack. The nationality of the slain journalist was not immediately confirmed.

The airstrikes came hours after President Donald Trump ordered all U.S. troops to withdraw from the area to avoid getting caught in the middle of the fast-escalating conflict. The announcement represents a major shift in alliances for Syria's Kurds after they were abandoned by the U.S., with whom they were longtime partners in the fight against the Islamic State group.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

2. #2 This is the type of story that will cost Trump the election 
    This is what happens when the politicians of the U.S. don’t think through these rush to war decisions. I am retired military and I saw no reason to go to war in Iraq nor Afghanistan. Sorry. Unless there is a strategy for victory, no thanks.

I know Saddam H. was a very bad person, but no reason to get involved and have our men and women killed and wounded for what? The Afghanistan government is corrupt and likely not much different than South Vietnam.

Sick of fighting wars for leaders in the Middle East or our political class who want us to fight their problems or to police the world with our military assets and our men and women who are on the receiving of death and injury.

When you lose a battle buddy, the pain never goes away. It is always there and frankly a daily reminder of what sacrifice feels like. Temporary for some and permanent for others.

A point of view on the Presidents decision.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...wal-heres-why/

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...es-throughout/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GeorgeandSugar; 10-14-2019 at 05:33 AM.

No, I don't think it won't cost Trump the election, because 90% of the independent/undecided vote can't find Turkey or Syria on a map, nor will most of them see this story as they are checking their celebrity gossip and fantasy football stats. That last 10% will probably be very confused about the whole matter and ignore it.

The US is up a river no matter what we do in that part of the world. The repercussions of any decision are not good, and can be spun even worse, whether here or abroad.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I still can't make up my mind about this
    but Trump said he'd get them out and
    for better or worse it's done.
    May the FORCE be with you!

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Yeah am unhappy.
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    It don't change my mind against Trump what so ever, it has always been democrats that start something and never do anything about finishing. All these naysayers need to gear up and march their asses over to the mideast and dig a hole and stay a while, and be sure and fly that American flag and come back in a year and let us know how that worked out for you. We have one friend in the Mid East and that is Israel, no others. Turkey is not an ally and never has been, they did absolutely nothing to help us in the mideast and soaked us for a lot of money using that ally bullshit. Let them deal with all the other butchers and let's see how they round out in the end. They haven't had the suicide bombers or beheadings yet so theirs is yet to come. I am glad our troops welfare came first piss on the mideast there is nothing there I need or want. All that money we spend to have a few troops on the ground can be used where it is needed, on our own damned borders..

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Old White Man View Post
    It don't change my mind against Trump what so ever,
    I agree but it was not his best decision by far.
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

I don't see this as hurting the President's re-election prospects one bit. We said that we would crush the Caliphate and we did. The region remains in chaos. Surprise, surprise! I don't think tens of thousands of ISIS prisoners would fit in Gitmo, Germany refuses to repatriate their share. Europe and the Far East have greater national interest in mideast stability than we do. Where are they? We are NEVER going to transform the region into Wisconsin; it's absurd. We still have the most powerful military in the world. If economic and diplomatic measures are not sufficient and somebody really needs thumping, we can thump them, preferably with remote control from Tampa by a Millennial with a joystick.

The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

Candace Owens for President 2024.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQgbN76AWrw

Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    I don't see this as hurting the President's re-election prospects one bit. We said that we would crush the Caliphate and we did.
    In the long term scheme of things we are probably fine but on paper this sucks right now.
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

This will not affect those who are currently for or against Trump. However, I feel it will negatively impact those who are undecided. The press is going to play up the angle that highlights the killing of civilians and any benefit that ISIS may experience. I was as unhappy about this move as I was when Obama pulled out of Iraq. Nothing good will come of it.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22