1. #1 Our enemies divided. 
    Look at this video, a clip from a recent show by the popular liberal lesbian commedienne 'Ellen'.

http://<a href="https://www.youtube....SZtjol7mJA</a>

Good for her. And the audience reaction -- I am assuming they were 99% liberals or further to the Left -- was even more heartening.

We can learn something here.

The Left is NOT united, any more than the Right is. If we're smart, we will take advantage of their divisions. I know this may sound contrary to the spirit of this nice liberal woman's video (not being sarcastic here), but as the Left like to say, 'the personal is the political'.

There are plenty of people who are 'on the left' in some sense, but who do not go along with the horrible hectoring, bullying Political Correctness thoughtpolice. But they're intimidated, they don't want to be seen apparently siding with us, so they keep their feelings to themselves.

When they get an opportunity to show their feelings, as they did here, they do so.

Now ... this division on the Left is an opportunity for us. We need to seek ways to drive wedges between on the one hand, 'honest liberals' -- people who think of themselves as patriots, who are reasonable, who don't like the violence of anti-Fa- andon the other., the hardline Leftists who rise to the leadership of the mass of liberals because liberals are so, you know, 'nice'. There are dozens of angry comments after this video by hard Leftists ... they know that 'humanizing' conservatives undermines their project.

The hard Left has ALWAYS led masses of people who don't share the ultimate goals of the Left, but who do agree with the Left on some specific issue. The hard Left use their leadership position as a 'force multiplier', and to recruit young naive liberals to their destructive ideology.

There are a thousand ways we can work to split the genuine liberal base away from the Hard Left. All patriotic rallies, for instance, should invite genuine liberals -- most but not all of your Democratic politicians for example -- to come and speak. The hard Left hate the American flag, so be sure any liberals in attendance get one to hold. (And if somehow, the flag-burners of anti-Fa were notified as well, and turned up to throw bricks at the patriots ... well, that would be an enormous victory for us.)

It wouldn't hurt to invite liberals to come speak and present their viewpoint to conservative groups. Invite them to come shooting with you. If you're in a militia group, which everyone should be, invite the local liberal professors to a meeting. It's harder to hate people you have shared a meal with. There are honest liberals who will tell the truth, if they are shown it. (I can provide examples, if anyone doesn't believe this.)

The Left work by demonizing us: they call us Klansmen and neo-Nazis and racists. Just saying "No we're not" is not enough: let them SEE that we're not.

We're in a war. In a war, you try to multiply the number of your allies, to convince those who are not allies to remain neutral, and to divide your enemies.

We need to think of more ways to do that.

Your link doesn't work. Fixed it for you.

The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

Candace Owens for President 2024.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQgbN76AWrw

I don't give a Washington red-apple how the divisions among enemies on the left are destroying their ability to govern.

When it comes to policy they're amateurs in Eden.

If Ted Cruz and AOC can find common ground regarding the Hong Kong protests then there is still hope for The Republic.
    Last edited by old dog; 10-15-2019 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    Your link doesn't work. Fixed it for you.

Thanks!!!! I forgot to test it after posting.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    I don't give a Washington red-apple how the divisions among enemies on the left are destroying their ability to govern.

When it comes to policy they're amateurs in Eden.
    I wish it were the case that these divisions were doing that. They're not. They're there, they should be exploited by our side, but don't fool yourself. Demographics are on their side, in two ways.

(1) They now control the 'cultural apparatus', starting with the better universities, and extending into the schools, the 'intelligentsia', government employees, journalists, lawyers, and so on. The upcoming generations are increasingly under their sway.

(2) Illegal immigration, which they will encourage as they get more and more power, will give them a large base of support, voting and otherwise. We've only seen the start of it.

Furthermore, world events -- mainly, the rise of China and the displacement of the USA as the number one economic/military power in the world -- are going to have major effects in the US, unpredictable now, but unlikely to favor us in the long run.

They have pretty much already gutted the Old America. In the long term, they will rule it completely. America will look like a combination of Venezuela and Zimbabwe. There is something we can do about that, but it's arduous, and not guaranteed of success. But it's the only solution. More about that another time. In the meantime, we have to fight them with everything we've got, to buy time. And studying the Left, understanding how their different components and factions work, and taking advantage of their divisions, is one way to fight them.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug1943 View Post
    (1) They now control the 'cultural apparatus', starting with the better universities, and extending into the schools, the 'intelligentsia', government employees, journalists, lawyers, and so on. The upcoming generations are increasingly under their sway.

(2) Illegal immigration, which they will encourage as they get more and more power, will give them a large base of support, voting and otherwise. We've only seen the start of it.

Furthermore, world events -- mainly, the rise of China and the displacement of the USA as the number one economic/military power in the world -- are going to have major effects in the US, unpredictable now, but unlikely to favor us in the long run.
    Point 1: I am (optimistically) hoping that there will arise a counter-culture reaction to the BS being spoon fed to them in academia. Similar to the 60's but now swinging in the opposite direction.

Point 2: Second generation Hispanic immigrants tend to be socially conservative and against uncontrolled illegal immigration. The democrats are hell bent on importing people who cannot legally vote for them and will (in the fullness of time) spawn republicans.

PS China is near economic and social collapse. They are dependent on foreign trade, we are the least involved nation in trade (as a percent of GDP) of any country in the world except Sudan and Yemen. They might have millions in the People's Liberation Army so we can never invade them. We, however, have an unchallengeable overwhelming dominance of the seas ... they would be wiped out in days ... and crumble in isolation.

Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    Point 1: I am (optimistically) hoping that there will arise a counter-culture reaction to the BS being spoon fed to them in academia. Similar to the 60's but now swinging in the opposite direction.

Point 2: Second generation Hispanic immigrants tend to be socially conservative and against uncontrolled illegal immigration. The democrats are hell bent on importing people who cannot legally vote for them and will (in the fullness of time) spawn republicans.

PS China is near economic and social collapse. They are dependent on foreign trade, we are the least involved nation in trade (as a percent of GDP) of any country in the world except Sudan and Yemen. They might have millions in the People's Liberation Army so we can never invade them. We, however, have an unchallengeable overwhelming dominance of the seas ... they would be wiped out in days ... and crumble in isolation.
    On Point 1, there is a backlash of sorts, but the problem is, the faculty in the liberal arts and social sciences departments are overwhelmingly leftwing. In the long term, this will determine how the kids think. There is a 'ratchet effect'. We shouldn't fool ourselves about this. We ought to put as much effort as we can into countering the Left's domination of the universities, but the odds are stacked against us. (One idea: I actually taught a course in, of all things, 'Firearms and self-defense' at the Free University of Berkeley, fifty years ago. Conservative academics and intellectuals might consider trying to organize a similar movement today. But it would not be able to do very much, realistically. They other side gives out real grades and real degrees.)

On Point 2, I never assume that what is happening now will happen forever. (That's the problem that we have in the US -- most conservatives think everything will eventualy turn out all right. They're like the whites of Zimbabwe when Mugabe took over and told them what they wanted to hear.) So it's not impossible that China will undergo some big internal upheaval, ideally leading to the emergence of a democracy there. But I wouldn't count on it. People want, first of all, security. Then when they have that, they want prosperity. Liberty comes third. The Chinese Communists have brought the first two to their people; the current leaders don't appear to be complacent or stupid. I don't think we'll see any unforced errors. However, I would be interested in the sources of your predictions about China.

As for the military situation. You are right. They aren't going to invade the US. It's generally, nowadays, a stupid idea to send your soldiers into other peoples' countries, and they're not stupid. They will continue to expand their influence economically, and later politically, buying influence in the Third World, while at the same time building a world-class military. As for American naval supremacy, long may it exist. But advances in technology are changing the nature of warfare -- I personally would not want to be in a large, hot, slow, metal box floating in the open ocean with no cover or concealment for hundreds of miles in any direction, with a system of satellites overhead talking to a bevy of smart cruise missiles headed my way.

The problem is, America is being transformed, and for the worse, from within. Within a few years, after Trump leaves office one way or the other, we'll have a national government who will treat the military like a social welfare and social justice program. It will take a long time to eat away at this institution, but they have the time. They've been at it for about fifty years. In one way this won't matter as much as it would have a hundred years ago, as the outcome of an armed conflict will depend much more on high tech, and much less on the personal character of the men in the ships and airplanes and on the front lines. A sexually-confused neurotic in a bunker can guide a drone onto a target as well as a normal person, I suppose, although Bradley Manning should make us a bit worried about such people.

The real military danger is from some accidental event which leads to an escalation -- something like what happened with WWI.

I hope my prognosis is false, and that US recovers its mental health. In any case, I believe conservatives should put a lot more energy into something like the militia movement, in case it does not.

Universities: The attraction of anarchy is always present.

Illegal immigrants: Roman Catholic general-majority and they more-than-generally don't trust 'The Man', IE governmental authority, including those acting as community-organizers.

The left is going to divide on those. The latter is already happening. Trump's side of the aisle is happier. Not mean-spirited and raving. Somebody from another Country is going to blame the mean-spirited side for everything bad that's happening in their personal lives. Dems' Vote for us because we gave you the right to vote isn't a winner for them.