Thread: Denver Broncos

1. #1 Denver Broncos 
    The hunt for a new head coach continues as owner Pat Bowlen and Bronco management continues to interview prospects.

So far 7 candidates have been interviewed by the Broncos and the majority of them have been defensive coordinators. According to many in the Denver community, Steve Spagnuolo the DC for the Giants is the preferred candidate. Why? Because our defense stinks and has for a few years. A couple of candidates are quite young for the HC position, 32 yrs old and I'm not sure they have the experience to turn this defense around.

Regardless of who they hire, the D needs help otherwise they'll be in the same position next year.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by tacitus View Post
    The hunt for a new head coach continues as owner Pat Bowlen and Bronco management continues to interview prospects.

So far 7 candidates have been interviewed by the Broncos and the majority of them have been defensive coordinators. According to many in the Denver community, Steve Spagnuolo the DC for the Giants is the preferred candidate. Why? Because our defense stinks and has for a few years. A couple of candidates are quite young for the HC position, 32 yrs old and I'm not sure they have the experience to turn this defense around.

Regardless of who they hire, the D needs help otherwise they'll be in the same position next year.
    hmmm.. Only 11 posts in and you've made yourself a mortal enemy.. Good Job.

Broncos SUCK !!!!!

Go Chargers..

Quote Originally Posted by BSR View Post
    hmmm.. Only 11 posts in and you've made yourself a mortal enemy.. Good Job.

Broncos SUCK !!!!!

Go Chargers..
    I agree the Broncos do suck, the Bolts are just a tad better. :p
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

BSR
    I agree the Broncos do suck, the Bolts are just a tad better. :p

Stop that. We are mortal enemies.. There can be no friendly banter in the AFC WEST. :mad:

By the way, nice job having the replay equipment "not working" when Ed screwed us out of a win. (Yes, I am blaming you personally)

Stop that. We are mortal enemies.. There can be no friendly banter in the AFC WEST. :mad:

By the way, nice job having the replay equipment "not working" when Ed screwed us out of a win. (Yes, I am blaming you personally)
    Darn I tried to keep my involvement in that quiet. :D

Looks like the new head coach for the Broncos is Josh McDaniels, the OC for the Pats.

There are also a few stories floating around that the new DC is going to be Mike Nolan, the former HC for the FortyNiners. I am surprised that Bowlen didn't even interview Spags from the Giants but it could be that Spags wanted total control like Shanny.

We shall see what the new coaching staff will do with the existing players and in the draft. The Broncos draft 12th in the 1st round and it might be worth it to do some trading to get some defensive talent. There might be some surprises with a few of the D players, trades maybe? I don't expect the new HC to reach the SB the 1st year, so my expectations are pretty low. Maybe 10-6 next year? As long as we beat Oaklad, KC and SD I'll be happy.

BSR
    Looks like the new head coach for the Broncos is Josh McDaniels, the OC for the Pats.

There are also a few stories floating around that the new DC is going to be Mike Nolan, the former HC for the FortyNiners. I am surprised that Bowlen didn't even interview Spags from the Giants but it could be that Spags wanted total control like Shanny.

We shall see what the new coaching staff will do with the existing players and in the draft. The Broncos draft 12th in the 1st round and it might be worth it to do some trading to get some defensive talent. There might be some surprises with a few of the D players, trades maybe? I don't expect the new HC to reach the SB the 1st year, so my expectations are pretty low. Maybe 10-6 next year? As long as we beat Oaklad, KC and SD I'll be happy.
    The only way your gonna beat SD is with help from the Refs.. We stomped a mud hole in Denver by 31 points.. :D

You sure did stomp their butts and the Donkeys deserve it for not having a defense. Frankly I'm glad the Donks didn't win the AFC West because I didn't want to see then gets their butts stomped by the Colts - again. :D

My comment on the refs call, they screwed up! BUT the Bolts had their chance to stop the Broncos from scoring but choked - again. :)

Go Chargers..
    Yea they WENT alright :p
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

The Broncos did hire Josh McDaniels as the HC and Mike Nolan as the DC. Nolan's track record is somewhat less than stellar when is comes to running defenses, maybe that's why he got a 2yr contract. Another gloomy year ahead for the Broncos!:(