Thread: The movie Doubt

1. #1 The movie Doubt 
    Has anyone seen this movie?

My wife and I went to see this movie a few weeks ago and may go back tomorrow for a 2nd viewing.

The main actors, Meryl Streep, Philip Seymour Hoffman, were great and gave powerful performances. The ending will leave you in doubt.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Quote Originally Posted by tacitus View Post
    Has anyone seen this movie?

My wife and I went to see this movie a few weeks ago and may go back tomorrow for a 2nd viewing.

The main actors, Meryl Streep, Philip Seymour Hoffman, were great and gave powerful performances. The ending will leave you in doubt.
    I assumed it was just another Christians-Are Evil-Wackos movie. Is it worth seeing?

I thought the same thing, but changed my mind once I started discussing the movie with my wife. Yes it is definitely worth seeing! The wife and I might go see it again tomorrow, and that is rare for us.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Power CUer
    I intend to see it just for Philip Seymour Hoffman, who has been terrific in everything I've seen him do.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I intend to see it just for Philip Seymour Hoffman, who has been terrific in everything I've seen him do.
    He is a very good actor. His characterization of Capote was outstanding.