Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1 Obama’s Mother-in-Law to Move Into the White House. 
    Destroyer of Worlds Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Posts
    5,281
    Obama’s Mother-in-Law to Move Into the White House

    January 9, 2009, 1:27 pm
    By Rachel L. Swarns


    It’s official: Marian Robinson, the 71-year-old mother-in-law of President-elect Barack Obama, will be moving into the White House, transition officials said on Friday.

    In fact, Mrs. Robinson is already in town, helping to smooth the family’s personal transition as Mr. Obama, his wife, Michelle, and their two daughters prepare for new lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

    “She is here to help them get up and running,’’ said Katie McCormick Lelyveld, a spokeswoman for Mrs. Obama. “She will determine in the coming months whether or not she wants to stay in D.C. permanently.”

    http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...e-white-house/



    ************************

    Now I understand that she will be there to aid in caring for the children since mom and dad certainly won't be available much at all. But they should have thought of this first, which is more important, their time with their children of the nation.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Now I understand that she will be there to aid in caring for the children since mom and dad certainly won't be available much at all. But they should have thought of this first, which is more important, their time with their children of the nation.
    So no one with small children should go for the presidency? The Kennedys shouldn't have been in the White House? The Theodore Roosevelts shouldn't have been in the White House? The Lincolns shouldn't have been in the White House?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    755
    Being a President isn't as ball busting as people think. Bush has shown he has some free time these last few years.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member tacitus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    724
    This is news?

    Does it really make any difference if the MIL lives in the WH? I think the 'reporter' needed some filler to meet her quota of garbage.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals




    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,578
    Oh God whats the over, under on when the magic negro will move his entire Kenyan family into the WH? They will be have BBQ's in the back yard and playing the music so loud your balls will rattle from down the block.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    BSR
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    So no one with small children should go for the presidency? The Kennedys shouldn't have been in the White House? The Theodore Roosevelts shouldn't have been in the White House? The Lincolns shouldn't have been in the White House?


    Wasn't one of the Liberal talking points to criticize Sarah Palin for running for VP because she wouldn't be around for her small children? Why all of a sudden is it a moot point?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,578
    Quote Originally Posted by BSR View Post
    Wasn't one of the Liberal talking points to criticize Sarah Palin for running for VP because she wouldn't be around for her small children? Why all of a sudden is it a moot point?
    Because silly he is a liberal and she is a conservative :D /DU mode off


    You will be amazed at what they can get away with (libs)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,455
    Quote Originally Posted by BSR View Post
    Wasn't one of the Liberal talking points to criticize Sarah Palin for running for VP because she wouldn't be around for her small children?
    And that made no sense, either.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    Oh God whats the over, under on when the magic negro will move his entire Kenyan family into the WH? They will be have BBQ's in the back yard and playing the music so loud your balls will rattle from down the block.
    fo' shizzle my nizzle!
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    Oh God whats the over, under on when the magic negro will move his entire Kenyan family into the WH? They will be have BBQ's in the back yard and playing the music so loud your balls will rattle from down the block.
    You need to rent DW Griffith's "Birth of a Nation." Then you can get a lesson in true cinematic history AND validate your racism...with a 90+-year-old movie.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •