1. #1 Another conservative in MO 
    Checking in.

Born & raised in Springfield so I root for the Cardinals but living in KC since 1991 so I root for the Chiefs; best of both...

Just found this site by chance; liking what I'm reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Safari MO View Post
    Checking in.

Born & raised in Springfield so I root for the Cardinals but living in KC since 1991 so I root for the Chiefs; best of both...

Just found this site by chance; liking what I'm reading.

Welcome on board.

Its too bad everyone else in the country don't know the joys of gooey butter cake and pork steaks.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    Welcome on board.

Its too bad everyone else in the country don't know the joys of gooey butter cake and pork steaks.

Welcome to CU!!!

And I love gooey butter cake!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Welcome to the board--always glad to have more Missourians here. Don't forget that KC bar-b-q. Our vacation this year was to the Elms Hotel, in Excelsior Springs, then went to the Jesse James homestead and to the Harry Truman house.

Glad that you are a Cards fan. It was fun this year having them get to the playoffs, but the sweep by the Nats was demoralizing.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Welcome to the board--always glad to have more Missourians here. Don't forget that KC bar-b-q. Our vacation this year was to the Elms Hotel, in Excelsior Springs, then went to the Jesse James homestead and to the Harry Truman house.

Glad that you are a Cards fan. It was fun this year having them get to the playoffs, but the sweep by the Nats was demoralizing.
    If you like BBQ and find yourself in Excelsior Springs again, check out Wabash BBQ. It is the hidden gem of KC BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Safari Jon View Post
    If you like BBQ and find yourself in Excelsior Springs again, check out Wabash BBQ. It is the hidden gem of KC BBQ.
    We did go there---was down the street from the hotel. We must have been there on a bad night. I think that they had some sort of event the night before. I had bar-b-q'd turkey and pulled pork. The turkey was mushy, tasted more like bologna, and the pork was tasteless. SR had ribs which were dried out. The table was facing the kitchen, and I saw the cook using a push broom to pile a bunch of debris in the corner in a sort of high pile. I had read that they were rated one of the best in the KC area.

I knew better, used to stop at Arthur Bryant's for years when on way back to St Louis from Abilene, Ks. Unless it's changed over the years, loved their brisket. There was another restaurant on the main street in Excelsior Springs, can't remember the name but will look it up later, that had excellent food.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"