Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 It's Saturday... 
    Hey CU'ers happy saturday! It sunny out and the wind has died down. I was getting a little tired at work hearing a few customers say "I am tired of this cold weather"...it was almost 70, but the winds had picked up, about 20 MPH....70 is not cold, wind or no wind!!! But most of the people I deal with are on medication...and now I know why!!! :D

I royally got my ass kicked at work this past week, we were really busy running on a "lean and mean" schedule. Plus there was alot of administrative issues due to the new year & my customers not being on top of things. Often times I am billing their insurance companies, which often changes with the new year. The good news is, the week flew by!

TOTD: What foods are you craving? Do you ever get food cravings? Do you seek out that food item or do you just let the craving past? Does it ever pass?

It's clear and not too cold which is amazing since the Stock Show starts this weekend. We usually have horrible weather during the Stock Show. I'll be attending off and on this week and eying chickens for the backyard. Everybody else in the neighborhood has them. My cousins will also be there to sell off some fancy roping horses.

TOTD: It depends. Usually I get cravings for things that aren't actually bad for me: steak, seafood, homemade cookies, etc. (well, those might be bad). If it lasts more than a day, I'll make it. My worst dietary sin involves homemade macaroni and cheese. I make that maybe every other month when it's cold out. I also have a weakness for potato soup but the effects at least limit the amount of it that I eat any one time.

I don't have much of a sweet tooth so when I do want an ice cream cone or something, I eat it with a clear conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    It's clear and not too cold which is amazing since the Stock Show starts this weekend. We usually have horrible weather during the Stock Show. I'll be attending off and on this week and eying chickens for the backyard. Everybody else in the neighborhood has them. My cousins will also be there to sell off some fancy roping horses.

TOTD: It depends. Usually I get cravings for things that aren't actually bad for me: steak, seafood, homemade cookies, etc. (well, those might be bad). If it lasts more than a day, I'll make it. My worst dietary sin involves homemade macaroni and cheese. I make that maybe every other month when it's cold out. I also have a weakness for potato soup but the effects at least limit the amount of it that I eat any one time.

I don't have much of a sweet tooth so when I do want an ice cream cone or something, I eat it with a clear conscience.
    My cravings also do not usually crave sweets. My grandmother used to make a great homemade mac n cheese...as kids we always turned up our nose, as we were used to the crappy stuff in the box...but as I got older, I really started to like it, and you have just created a MAJOR food craving for me!!!!

I have not had potato soup in a while, used to make that alot for my parents on weekends...been at least ten years since I have made it!

OK, so now I have two cravings!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    My cravings also do not usually crave sweets. My grandmother used to make a great homemade mac n cheese...as kids we always turned up our nose, as we were used to the crappy stuff in the box...but as I got older, I really started to like it, and you have just created a MAJOR food craving for me!!!!

I have not had potato soup in a while, used to make that alot for my parents on weekends...been at least ten years since I have made it!

OK, so now I have two cravings!!!!
    Sorry! :o

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    My grandmother used to make a great homemade mac n cheese...as kids we always turned up our nose, as we were used to the crappy stuff in the box...
    I grew up on homemade everything, and never even tasted the "crappy stuff in the box" until adulthood, at which point I fully understood why it's called the "crappy stuff in the box". How can people feel their children that stuff? :(
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I grew up on homemade everything, and never even tasted the "crappy stuff in the box" until adulthood, at which point I fully understood why it's called the "crappy stuff in the box". How can people feel their children that stuff? :(
    They are Ramen-eaters. Ramen-eaters have been so desensitized to crap that they will eat anything.

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    sunny and cold outside today..key word is sunny, throw back the drapes, turn up the furnace and pretend!
    TOTD: Problem with my having a craving is I can only eat 1/2 to 1 cup of anything. So have to debate whether or not I want to spend the time and energy or ignore the craving. Poor little bug actually asked me to buy Ramen noodles so she could be like the other kids and eat them for a meal. She's not impressed with home cooked meals, its the box o'crap stuff thats a treat to her! So after a lecture on sodium levels, empty carbs...I gave in and let her have some for a treat.
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Thanks for starting a Saturday Thread Rob. This is the first time I've been able to connect to the internet today. My phone was working but no internet at all. We'll see how long this connection lasts.

Miz Bubba makes really good oatmeal cookies and I've been wanting one or two or three warm from the overn with vanilla ice cream.

Yum.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Thanks for starting a Saturday Thread Rob. This is the first time I've been able to connect to the internet today. My phone was working but no internet at all. We'll see how long this connection lasts.

Miz Bubba makes really good oatmeal cookies and I've been wanting one or two or three warm from the overn with vanilla ice cream.

Yum.
    Glad you are back online!

Wow, those cookies sound good....I can smell them baking!!!

It's 70 outside and I have been getting alot done on my day off. One of my projects kicked up some desert dust that flared up my mom's asthma, so she is at her house resting and I felt it was time for me to come home and take a little break!

I manged to bring home a couple loads of things that were in her storage shed. Most storage units are near the desert, including hers....and they capture all the blowing dust. They are far from air tight!

It sucks going through my dad's stuff without being able to ask him "what's this for" :mad:

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Umm...because it's delicious? Obviously you're some sort of communist or something.

We got like 4" of snow today, which made it a B**** to clear the driveway. Or at least, that's what the wife tells me, I was inside watching basketball at the time. :D

TOTD: No cravings right now, although I do have cravings once in a while. Usually it's some sort of meat - beef jerky, turkey, bacon...

Although homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies do sound really good about now.