Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I grew up on homemade everything, and never even tasted the "crappy stuff in the box" until adulthood, at which point I fully understood why it's called the "crappy stuff in the box". How can people feel their children that stuff? :(
    I try to do most things homemade. SR loves the junk the Spam in a can, the box mac and cheese (the Velveeta brand), the Tyson wings. :D

Sooo, I make homemade mac and cheese. He always said it's impossible to make mac and cheese that isn't dry. I guess the last batch was OK. There were no bad comments about it. (Well, actually he's very good and rarely comments negatively).

My craving for the day was fresh fruit (fresh pineapple, blueberries, strawberries and melon) mixed with a bit of vanilla yogurt and some Kashi crunch cereal lightly sprinkled over it. Yum!!!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Sooo, I make homemade mac and cheese. He always said it's impossible to make mac and cheese that isn't dry.
    Use the classic Fannie Farmer recipe, where you make a cheddar cheese sauce and fold it into the pasta. It's bubbly and goopy and definitely NOT dry. :)
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...d-Cheese-40045
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Speaking of food cravings, I'm a happy boy! I went to the grocery store last week and saw these. I hadn't seen them in years. They were my favorite when I was a kid and they're even better than I remember them. They're all over the Mid-Atlantic region but I never saw them here before. Rejoice in junk food bliss!

2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ