Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Mormons were attacked near the US-Mexico border. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    By Madeline Holcombe and Gianluca Mezzofiore, CNN
    Updated 8:51 AM ET, Tue November 5, 2019

(CNN)Members of a Mormon community were attacked while traveling near the US-Mexico border, authorities said Tuesday. Nine family members -- all with dual US-Mexican citizenship -- were killed, a relative of the victims said.

Preliminary information indicates three vehiclestraveling between the Mexican states of Sonora and Chihuahua in the region of Sierra Madre Occidentalwere attacked by criminal groups, Attorney General of the State of Chihuahua Cesar Peniche Espejel said in a statement Tuesday. The victims were mostly women and children, and minors were found with injuries, the statement said.

Victims' family members said the incident happened when the families were moving from Bavispe, Sonora, to Janos, Chihuahua, according to Peniche Espejel.

He said that there were two separate attacks on the victims, he believes, by two different groups that were part of the same cartel "most likely by accident, mistaken for their rivals. All shot while in vehicles while driving.

LINK
    May the FORCE be with you!

I used to take frequent trips for mexico surfing and windsurfing adventures, but the climate is too dangerous and corrupt to travel there with any comfort level anymore.
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    In the early 70s it was Ensenada, Baja California that was popular with California residents. It was nice and well patrolled by armed Mexican Military carrying automatic weapons, but everyone felt safe because they simply didn't allow the crooks to take over. It was primarily a fishing town then and really pretty. Great food and drink too !

I had some shirttail relatives living in the Baja. Last visited them in the late 60's, grass roof with goats grazing on it. I often wonder what became of them.

The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

Candace Owens for President 2024.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQgbN76AWrw

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I've been to Acapulco many times in the
    past but this was decades ago. I always
    loved going there as the hotel staff was
    great and the hotel top notch. Food was
    cheap and really good.

Now, I wouldn't even think of going.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I used to live in San Antonio a long time ago and was afraid to shop in Laredo. i decided cheap prices on large clay pots and various souvenir things not worth the risk. I can't even imagine how bad it is now.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I've been to Acapulco many times in the
    past but this was decades ago. I always
    loved going there as the hotel staff was
    great and the hotel top notch. Food was
    cheap and really good.

Now, I wouldn't even think of going.
    A lot of my coworkers travel regularly to the resorts on the Yucatan. I think the big tourist areas are kept pretty safe, as long as you stick to guided tours if you leave the resort and don't venture out on your own. Many were planning trips to the Dominican Republic, and switched to Mexico because of the tourist deaths in the DR.

I'd go somewhere like Antiqua, which still has the imprint of British rule-clean water, English-speaking populace and access to modern medical care.

Nogales, Ciudad Juarez and Nuevo Laredo are still quite safe for the first few blocks past the bridge but don’t go out into the areas on the edges. The gambling houses, red light district and tequila bars are not safe for man nor beast.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

https://twitter.com/GarbyJooman/stat...46284523180033

Two perspectives, one source.

Aside, why in the bibbidy boppity boo can I not just put a picture of the freaking tweet in?
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

They burned babies. Burned babies. These are the people the left want to be able to stream across the border unfettered.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.