Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 How do we join, what do we do? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    More "Warren" stupidity...

Please...someone tell me what to do!!!!

merh (1000+ posts) Sat Jan-10-09 11:47 AM

Original message How do we join, what do we do?

In another thread I read the frustrated post of a member of the GLBTQ community responding to yet another OP that she perceives is telling the GLBTQ community to just shut up about Warren and to get over it. In responding the poster said "instead of nannying at us, JOIN us."

I posted to the DUer and asked "Join you in doing what exactly?" The DUer did not respond. And the posts continue on DU, GLBTQ members and supporters think that they are being told to shut up so they respond accordingly, proclaiming their rights and shouting about their pain and frustrations. I get it, most everyone on DU gets it. So tell us what we can do to help.

I've asked and others have asked what is being done to make your voices heard and how we can help in those efforts. I've gotten no response.

I searched and found other sites that actually require some action, that involve doing more than just bitching at DU and creating divides that are not just and are not fair. I posted a thread with the information I found and asked others to contribute by giving other ways to get the message out. That thread got very little attention.

I've read posts asking for others to actively participate in efforts involving GLBT issues that went unnoticed and that includes unnoticed by members of DU's GLBT community.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph ...

Join you in what? How many letters have you sent to Obama at his hotel or to the transition office? How many protests have been had to exercise the free speech rights that will help get the message out? Will there be protests and marches that we can join you in? When will they be had, where will they happen, will you attend? I'd imagine that picketing the hotel and the Blair House would get some notice, are any such protests planned?

Code Pink is sending white roses to Obama at his hotel as a call for Peace in the Middle East "harkening back to the White Rose Society—the WWII non-violent resistance group in Germany." https://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/424/shop/custom.j ...

Does the GLBT community have anything like this we can donate to or get involved in?

As many talented and intelligent posters on this board yet no idea has been posted that reflects something which can be done, that requires active participation and true effort. DUers can do things when they put their mind to it, money has been raised for sick and troubled DUers, roses sent to Helen Thomas and Barbara Boxer. The telephone lines at congress have been so tied up they stopped using the toll free number for a time.

What do you want DUers to do to join you?

99% are against Warren and for same sex marriages and justice and civil rights for all, they will join you if you tell them how you want them to. How do you want to be heard? By posting in all caps on a message board and by creating divides and ill will or by actively doing something?

Please tell us, decide something and I will help in any way I can. I will help to keep your thread alive and I will donate and write letters and send emails and help make noise beyond DU. This is not a sit down and shut up post, it is a "tell me what I can do" - I understand your pain, I agree that you are all deserving of the rights I am entitled to, I believe liberty and justice for all means ALL. So please, tell me,

Join you how?
    Help me.... :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Or, What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

Why would anyone who isn't a Gilbert want to joint the Gilberts?

Plus, the guy is just whiny and pathetic. Maybe that's why they won't respond to him.

I just realized how pathetic that is, to be ignored on DU by the Gilberts. :p:D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

WTF is a Q?
    Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.

--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    WTF is a Q?
    I had to google it. One answer said Q = Questioning. The other said Q = Queer.

If it's queer, that is redundant it seems to me. If it is questioning....WTF?

Questioning? It either floats the boat or it don't. Questioning. Shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post

I question my TV viewing choices at times. Does that make me eligible for a handout, or membership in a support group?
    Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.

--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post

You know (and yes, I know I already quoted you once already), this sorta reminds of the time in college when the campus gay group declared that Friday was "blue jeans day", or some such foolishness. They said that if you wore blue jeans that particular Friday, then you were showing support for the GLBTQKEBEHWEBE community.

Duh.

A college campus. Blue jeans. WTF else are college kids going to wear?

Dumbasses.

--Albert Einstein

Sonnabend
    Since when do DUers ever leave their mommy's basements..of course they wont do anything..especially if it means leaving the keyboard.

You know (and yes, I know I already quoted you once already), this sorta reminds of the time in college when the campus gay group declared that Friday was "blue jeans day", or some such foolishness. They said that if you wore blue jeans that particular Friday, then you were showing support for the GLBTQKEBEHWEBE community.

Duh.

Dumbasses.
    Well, at least they didn't say everybody wearing shoes..... :D

Duh.

Dumbasses.
    Or that if you drive your car at night and turn on your lights, you show support for whatever cause.
    Thanks to SarasotaRepub for your help! :D

Another stupid " suggested " protest over something that no one cares about.

It seems some times all these dimbulbs do is make up stupid ideas to impress the rest of the monkey house.

If you want to impress people, go out and do something real for a change; suggestions only impress other Moonbats , not folks with real lives.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.