1. #1 Trump Is MAGA-fying the National Medal of Arts 
    link

Jack*sses have their panties in a twist again because President Trump doesn't take their dictation and do as THEY want.

demmiblue (23,001 posts)

Trump Is MAGA-fying the National Medal of Arts

Among the president’s new picks: the actor Jon Voight—who’s a fan of his—and the U.S. military bands

A president can abuse power by pressuring a foreign government to help his campaign. A president also can exploit power by making the cultural world a political prop. This is a story about the latter.

Until Donald Trump entered office, not much drama surrounded the prestigious National Medal of Arts. President Ronald Reagan signed legislation creating the award in 1984, and every president since has given it out, honoring the work of painters, writers, actors, architects, dancers, and musicians.

Under Trump, the awards stopped: He passed up chances to hand out the medals in 2017 and 2018—the longest drought in the past 35 years. But now, I’m told, he’s poised to announce his first slate of winners later this month. It not only includes names that seem, in part, to be tailored to the president’s personal preferences—namely, the actor and MAGA enthusiast Jon Voight and all five U.S. military bands. But in choosing the winners, Trump appears to have ignored input from the committee that typically recommends artistic luminaries as candidates for the award. (Meaning he didn't give the awards to their leftist favorites.)

What troubles some council members—apart from Trump’s unilateral decision making—is that the president has failed to honor people from a broad array of artistic backgrounds. (SO WHAT, He is the President, it's HIS awards to give and he can do as he wants.) “The traditional disciplines, such as dance, theater, or literature, weren’t represented in whatever capacity,” a second council member told me. “And it clearly seems to be a political agenda by the president.” A third faulted Trump for failing to identify a person of color deserving of an individual award. The message is that “there’s no person of color in the artistic ecosphere worthy of recognition by our nation,” this council member said. “We would rather not make an award than award someone of color. That’s deeply troubling and disturbing, especially given the current climate, when there are groups of people in this country who feel under duress.”

One of the winners selected by Obama was the acclaimed novelist and short-story writer Tobias Wolff. When I first emailed Wolff to talk with him about Trump’s picks, he replied, “What true artist would accept [the medal] from these hands?” When we spoke by phone later, he questioned whether Trump truly values the fields he’s purportedly trying to celebrate. “It’s kind of ridiculous for this particular president to be handing out awards for the arts,” Wolff said, “especially when he himself is so sublimely uninterested in them.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...voight/601672/

This pisses me off to no end.
    The jack*sses think they are in charge even though THEY LOST THE ELECTION.

And does anyone really think Bath House Barry didn't award mostly to leftists and blacks. HIS POLITICAL AGENDA was OK because the jack*sses agreed with it.
    Liberals are divorced from reality and they think it's great. When you live in la la land you're never wrong, it's always the other person/groups fault and you can believe what you want to believe and call it 'truth'.

Aren't Progs' prejudices a delight? Military bands, GRRRRRRR! Jon Voight, an actor whose resume' pretty much puts him beyond blacklisting, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Voight#Filmography .
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

This pisses me off to no end.
    Elections have consequences.

Suck it DUmmy

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    The DUmmies shouldn't worry too much. Surely President Biden will retract such awards.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender