Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 How Can You Be Happy at a Time Like This? 
    How Can You Be Happy at a Time Like This?
    https://modernloss.com/how-can-you-b...ime-like-this/

I talk to my therapist a lot about Donald Trump. And it’s not just because of the normal stuff, like how we are being led by a man who formed when a patch of sunlight hit a dumpster filled with self-tanner, although that’s part of it. It’s mostly because, three days after Trump was elected, my mother unexpectedly died.

I know. But I have to say, while I don’t recommend losing a person who connects you to this world the week that world gets upended, I admit there were some advantages.

By far one of the most jarring parts about profound loss is that everyone keeps going as if nothing happened. But after my mother died, everyone was walking around stunned. If I burst into tears on the subway no one was like, the hell is this white girl sad about? Because I probably wasn’t the only person randomly bursting into tears on the subway. Sometimes, when I passed happy people enjoying a meal, I wanted to scream WHY ARE YOU ALL SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW? HOW CAN YOU DRINK ROSE AT A TIME LIKE THIS? And you know what? Had I done that, most people would have responded, “She’s got a point.” I could have walked around with filmy teeth and no bra and not look out of place.
    Written by Katie Rich, who wrote this vile Tweet about Barron Trump being a home school shooter.

Here is her so-called excuse.

She makes no mention of Barron Trump in the article, which is bullying. She portrays herself as a victim and mixes her mother's passing with politics. It is all about "me, me, me". She clearly has anger issues.

My mother died in 2009 from heart disease. My stepfather broke a few of her ribs attempting to revive her. I guess it was all Obama’s fault.

I was laid off in 2009. This was in relation to Obama's bailout of the financial industry and the housing market crash. Instead of blaming the government while bitching and moaning and doing pretty much nothing else, I went out and got a new job and chalked the whole thing up to 'Stuff happens, get over it.' Good philosophy to live by.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I was laid off in 2009. This was in relation to Obama's bailout of the financial industry and the housing market crash. Instead of blaming the government while bitching and moaning and doing pretty much nothing else, I went out and got a new job and chalked the whole thing up to 'Stuff happens, get over it.' Good philosophy to live by.
    In the semiconductor factory where I work, we left for Christmas in 2008 and were told not to come back until late February 2009. This was rolling and we didn’t know from one week until the next if we even had a job. Basically, we went bankrupt and the whole damned thing was hanging by a thread. This is why everyone needs to keep cash reserves for a rainy day. I was fine, but some folks I work with went into financial default with one missed paycheck.

On edit: The company had less than $20 million in the bank at the time. In the chip making industry, that is less than lunch money.
    Last edited by Tecate; 11-15-2019 at 09:51 AM.

My mom's been on anti-depressants since November or 2016. They seem to be working. She also got a new puppy a few weeks ago, so maybe she can give up the pills.

That is a really vile thing to say about Barron. Leave the kid alone. I might not like Trump, but he and Melania are doing a good job keeping him out of the spotlight.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    That Katie is some hate filled bitch,
    and of course, it's Trumps fault.

Loser.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    That Katie is some hate filled bitch,
    and of course, it's Trumps fault.

Loser.
    she has a terminal case of TDS
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

It's to bad hate is not fatal.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

She is addicted to victimhood.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGrouse View Post
    She is addicted to victimhood.
    And the only cure is a giant pity party.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.