Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Myles Garrett Banned Indefinitely After Helmet Attack 
    Myles Garrett is done playing for the Cleveland Browns this season. The NFL isn’t saying when the star defensive end will play again.

Garrett was suspended for at least the rest of the regular season and postseason by the league Friday, hours after he shockingly used a helmet “as a weapon” by striking Pittsburgh quarterback Mason Rudolph in the head.

Garrett’s violent outburst in the final seconds of Thursday’s nationally televised game against the Steelers landed him the longest suspension for a single on-field infraction in league history. Tennessee’s Albert Haynesworth was suspended five games in 2006.

The league’s No. 1 overall pick in 2017 was also fined an undisclosed amount and Garrett must meet with Commissioner Roger Goodell’s office before his reinstatement is considered.

After wrestling Rudolph to the ground as the Browns were closing out a rare win over their rivals, Garrett ripped off the quarterback’s helmet and clobbered him on top of the head, triggering a benches-clearing brawl that capped another physical game between the AFC North teams.
    I guess he will have to fall back on his double major of Nuclear Fusion Design and Algebraic Geometry !

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...helmet-attack/
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Actually watched the end of that meaningless game at the time (21-7 with 8 seconds left) and couldn't believe it. Rampant stupidity, even by Rudolph.

NBC Sports actually took off their SJW hats and covered this by reminding the young un's about Juan Marichal and Johnny Roseboro.

HardballTalk : Myles Garrett and Mason Rudolph: meet Juan Marichal and John Roseboro

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2019/11/15...john-roseboro/

A quick recap:

The incident will dominate the sports shows today because malicious attempts to injure another player with a piece of equipment are pretty rare in professional sports. There was at least one incident in baseball history, however, that was analogous to what went down in Cleveland last night.

It took place on August 22, 1965 at Candlestick Park in San Francisco during a Dodgers-Giants game. That’s when Giants ace Juan Marichal, playing the role of Garrett, took a baseball bat to the head of Dodgers catcher John Roseboro, standing in for Rudolph.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    There's an opening at the local Jack in the Box. I haven't watched for two seasons and don't think I missed a thing. I hear on news tonight they are considering hiring that ass wipe that started all the kneeling. It just gets closer to being a no sport

the nfl is becoming the nba.
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Give him the chair.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Garrett ripped off the quarterback’s helmet and clobbered him on top of the head,

Garrett ripped off the quarterback's helmet, triggering Rudolph and two teammates to 'thrust' or 'swipe' at Garret's groin-area... then Garrett 'clobbered' Rudolph on top of the head.

There. That fixes the story's fake outrage-message.

As if The Steelers never built their reputation of knocking opposing quarterbacks out of games with cheap-shots. Poor them.

Myles Garrett, John Dorsey address suspension, racial slur allegation
    https://www.news5cleveland.com/sport...lur-allegation

CLEVELAND — Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett might have lost his appeal, but he did not lose the support of his team and maintains his claim that Steelers’ quarterback Mason Rudolph called him a racial slur prior to an altercation.

During his appeal hearing in New York on Wednesday, Garrett alleged that Mason Rudolph called him a racial slur just before last week’s brawl in the last eight seconds of the game against the Steelers.
    It stemmed from a racial slur. Why did this come up just now?

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGrouse View Post
    Myles Garrett, John Dorsey address suspension, racial slur allegation
    https://www.news5cleveland.com/sport...lur-allegation

It stemmed from a racial slur. Why did this come up just now?
    Covering his ass, most likely. Blame it on whitey!
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

I saw the claim made in Monday’s news.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I just assumed it was Trump's fault.
    May the FORCE be with you!