Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Prince's racist term sparks anger 
    Prince's racist term sparks anger

The prince issued an apology after the News of the World published a video diary in which he calls one of his then Sandhurst colleagues a "Paki".

Cabinet minister John Denham said it was "offensive", while the Ramadhan Foundation called the prince a "thug".

St James's Palace said he had used the term "Paki" as a nickname about a friend and without any malice.

The prince filmed parts of the video and in another clip, he is heard calling another cadet a "raghead".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7822883.stm

Much ado about nothing. Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fd9OPzy50c

I'm no fan of the royals, but as usual, all the "anger" and "outrage" seems to be from the media and the uber-PC establishment.

His fake cell call to the queen ("granny, god save you, give my love to the corgis") is hilarious, as is the "are your pubes ginger too" exchange at the end of the clip.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    I like the fact that he seems to be one of the guys in the way he relates to his comrades. I think he would have said Paki in front of Paki without hesitation. Some people are just looking for avenues for their inherent existential outrage.

Also, English subtitles for spoken English is a bit funny, Eh wot? :p:D.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I like the fact that he seems to be one of the guys in the way he relates to his comrades. I think he would have said Paki in front of Paki without hesitation. Some people are just looking for avenues for their inherent existential outrage.

Also, English subtitles for spoken English is a bit funny, Eh wot? :p:D.
    Well, it is spoken English, but delivered in an upper-class accent, don't you know. Most of the moronic readership of the News of the World probably need the subs, just in order to understand it.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Well, it is spoken English, but delivered in an upper-class accent, don't you know. Most of the moronic readership of the News of the World probably need the subs, just in order to understand it.
    LOL. It actually helped me with the Pubes being Ginger....:D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

He's the one Royal I actually have any respect for. Mainly for his service, when he could have sat it out at home. At least he's a regular guy.

I don't know about the rest of you, but "Paki" sure doesn't sound like an offensive term to me. In fact is sounds like a very legitimate short term...like calling a democrat a "dem" or a liberal a "lib".

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by AHeneen View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you, but "Paki" sure doesn't sound like an offensive term to me. In fact is sounds like a very legitimate short term...like calling a democrat a "dem" or a liberal a "lib".
    I've lived in England, and it is definitely used - and received - as a derogatory term. Did you see "Bend it Like Beckham"? The central character gets upset during a game when someone refers to her as a Paki, and complains to her coach, saying, "You don't know what it feels like" to get that kind of verbal abuse. The coach replies, "Are you kidding? I'm Irish."
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I never heard such language in 24 years of Naval Service. Never I tell ya. (well, I did, just never had a video camera around). That was his mistake. Somthing tells me, just a little sound in the back of my head that behind closed doors, the royals may say a dispariging remark here or there. BIG DEAL.

He made a tape with people that he has known for at least a year in his unit. After that legenth of time, they are your family and you know what you can do and not do. It is the people looking in from the outside that have a problem with it.

while the Ramadhan Foundation called the prince a "thug".
    So, I take it "thug" is not an offensive, racist, abusive term? Or is it just that the Prince, being white, has no right to take offense?
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

OMG -:eek: I say we linch him for being NORMAL!! Screw the PC language police. :mad: Fuck'n retards.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.