Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Louisiana's Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards defeats Trump-backed businessman... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    By Kate Sullivan, CNN
    Updated 12:04 AM ET, Sun November 17, 2019

Washington (CNN)Louisiana Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards narrowly won reelection, CNN projected Saturday night, beating out Republican challenger Eddie Rispone, who was backed by President Donald Trump.

Edwards will claim victory in a deep red state Trump won by 20 percentage points in 2016, and against a businessman who closely aligned himself with the President. Trump held two rallies in Louisiana over the past 10 days, but the attempt at a last-minute boost was not enough to carry Rispone over the finish line.

This is the second Democratic gubernatorial victory in a red state this month, coming after a Democratic victory in Kentucky. Democrat Andy Beshear defeated Republican Gov. Matt Bevin in a state that Trump won by 30 percentage points in 2016.

LINK
    May the FORCE be with you!

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    This worries me. There should no longer be any reason to elect any Democrat to any office!
    People have lost their minds.
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    This worries me. There should no longer be any reason to elect any Democrat to any office!
    People have lost their minds.
    I know!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Me too. This is why it is imperative that Horowitz, Barr and Durham get the lead out.

The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

Candace Owens for President 2024.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsCbLSqz85s

Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    Me too. This is why it is imperative that Horowitz, Barr and Durham get the lead out.
    Agreed, but still can't see how people, especially in the South, are voting in those dems. But they say all politics is local.

It's tough with the press and the dirty Dems spreading their lies. A lot of people don't keep up with events and evaluate what's going on--just take the word of their local lib rag newspaper and listen to the MSM talking heads on their tv's.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I see some hope in the fact they were both squeakers, a big improvement over the disasters in 2018, but still not good enough.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    The cities are all black in La and they weren't always like this but it don't surprise me knowing we have some really dumb uneducated people in the south who are fine sitting on their ass receiving welfare. It hasn't changed here one iota. The good news for La is the money is still governed by the state legislature and they don't just hand over anything edwards ask for. Now the first thing he will try is to raise gas taxes again and that will not be allowed, you watch... he's emboldened now by the win even if it was a narrow win, that's how the liberals think. They will get what they deserve, and while the rest of the nation gets richer and better off they will just continue to live the life of plantation workers. Remember, we beat them in the Presidential election and we will beat them again. That's my prediction, we did not lose any votes in this governor's election that we already had to begin with. The farmers and other workers in La are out numbered by a lot and it has been this way for 60 years here in the south. This can all be traced back to johnson handing out welfare and he's on tape bragging about keeping the negro voting democratic. It was all planed to be like it is today.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    A lot of people don't keep up with events and evaluate what's going on--just take the word of their local lib rag newspaper and listen to the MSM talking heads on their tv's.
    That's it, in a nutshell.

I can't even turn on Fox News for background noise today. I might hear Chris Wallace say "This might be trouble for the President ...", with a smirk on his face. I would

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Agreed, but still can't see how people, especially in the South, are voting in those dems. But they say all politics is local.

It's tough with the press and the dirty Dems spreading their lies. A lot of people don't keep up with events and evaluate what's going on--just take the word of their local lib rag newspaper and listen to the MSM talking heads on their tv's.
    The Democrats are using new ways of cheating: in California, they are ballot harvesting and using illegals. The best thing that LA GOP can do is to clean out the voter rolls: sue, like Judicial Watch did. These need to go district by district.