Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Chick-fil-A betrays Christians, surrenders to LGBT forces 
    Power CUer
    Chick-fil-A betrays Christians, surrenders to LGBT forces
    https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/c...to-lgbt-forces

November 18, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) — Suddenly, Chick-fil-A chicken isn’t as appetizing as it once was.

Chick-fil-A announced today that it will stop donating to The Salvation Army and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, groups that LGBT activists have deemed “anti-gay.” The move can only be interpreted as Chick-fil-A knuckling under to pressure from LGBT political forces.

The restaurant that had earned hero status for itself because of its courage in standing up to the LGBT juggernaut has now essentially betrayed million of its loyal customers.

Chick-fil-A caved. They waved the white flag. They surrendered.

...The surrender comes just three weeks after LGBT groups coerced the landlord of Chick-fil-A’s first ever restaurant in the United Kingdom to agree not to renew its lease just one week after the location had opened.

“There is a war against traditional values across the globe,” declared conservative commentator Todd Starnes concerning the pending closure of Chick-Fil-A’s sole British outpost.

“A small but vicious group of LGBT activists is hellbent on forcing every human on the planet to bow down to their radical agenda,” continued Starnes. “They even target conservative gays – anyone who dares to stand in their way.”

They should have shut it down and put a big sign in the window saying "go eat dicks" A little push back would do a world of good for everyone.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Old n Grumpy View Post
    They should have shut it down and put a big sign in the window saying "go eat dicks" A little push back would do a world of good for everyone.
    It will be interesting to see what this does for their revenue streams. They seem to be rolling the dice here. In order to attract more customers as they expand they are alienating some of their base. Now, personally, I follow the philosophy that says 'dance with the one who brung ya' but I don't know if that is a sound business model. Indications, however, show it breaking with this practice hasn't helped Gillette very much. Also the Episcopal Church opted to pander to the perpetually offended in hopes of putting more butts in pews on Sunday morning and they've been in decline ever since.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

I don't know enough about FCA to really have an opinion. One of the pastors at one of my church's campuses was active in it when he was younger. He's not someone I always agree with (he was part of that Promise Keeper movement), but he's a good preacher overall. I like his wife's teaching for women at retreats a lot, though. One of my psycho ex-coworkers was involved when she was in college, but she is always looking for athletic men.

But I'm a liberal who will defend the Salvation Army. I was very sad when former Governor Granholm ended our contract with their children's shelter and residential program, mainly because the kids loved that program. It was coed, so teenaged siblings didn't need to be split up. Now, the Booth program operates out of that building, which is a good program for teenaged moms.

Additionally, they have the Harbor Light program for substance abuse treatment. When an addict has exhausted every other program in town and those programs will not allow them back, Harbor Light takes them in. They don't give up on people.

Every day in Detroit, I see the SA trucks bringing hot food to the homeless and to poor seniors in their homes. I have never heard of them turning anyone away from their services for being gay. Their shelters are for families, so single and childless people are not accepted. They might not hire gay people, which is probably why Granholm ended the contract with them.

These "news" claim are at variance with CfA's actual 11/18/2019 announcement:

Chick-fil-A Foundation Announces 2020 Priorities to Address Education, Homelessness, Hunger

Today we are excited to announce the Foundation has committed $9 million to the following initiatives for 2020:

Education: To support education, we are expanding our partnership with Junior Achievement USA (JA). JA offers kindergarten to 12th grade programs that foster work-readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy skills, and use experiential learning to inspire students to dream big and reach their potential. The organization reaches nearly 5 million students annually.

Homelessness: To address youth homelessness, we are expanding our partnership with Covenant House International. For more than four decades, Covenant House has helped transform and save the lives of more than a million homeless, runaway and trafficked young people – reaching 70,000 youth each year.

Hunger: To fight hunger, we will support more than 120 communities by dedicating $25,000 to a local food bank at each new Chick-fil-A opening.
    Additionally, the Foundation will no longer make multiyear commitments and will reassess its philanthropic partnerships annually to allow maximum impact. These partners could include faith-based and non-faith-based charities.
    My emphasis. There is NO reference to The Salvation Army in the announcement, also at variance with some "news" articles' claims. Further:

Chick-fil-A denies capitulating to LGBT activists; Christian groups won't be excluded from donations

Amid reports that fast food chain Chick-fil-A was halting donations to Christian groups, the restaurant's foundation is maintaining they are philanthropically restructuring, not caving to political correctness in pursuit of higher profits.

Reports emerged Monday that after months of consistently negative press coverage related to their long-held views about marriage and human sexuality and donations to like-minded organizations, that the famous chicken sandwich shop was discontinuing their financial contributions to groups characterized as "anti-LGBT."

The Christian Post reached out to Chick-fil-A Monday, asking them to respond to the criticisms that they were compromising their principles in order to appease their ideological opponents.

“Beginning in 2020 the Chick-fil-A Foundation will introduce a more focused giving approach, donating to a smaller number of organizations working exclusively in the areas of hunger, homelessness and education. ...

"Our goal is to donate to the most effective organizations in the areas of education, homelessness and hunger. No organization will be excluded from future consideration – faith-based or non-faith based," the spokesperson said, noting "I also wanted to add that Chick-fil-A will not be opening on Sundays."
    The 2018 tax form filed Friday with the IRS notes that the foundation gave the Salvation Army $115,000 last year and $1.65 million to Fellowship of Christian Athletes last year. The donations were part of the multi-year obligations that have now concluded.
    It appears to me that someone in some branch of news media read more into CfA's statement than is there and other news sources ran with their claim, unchecked. Since The Salvation Army does work in "the areas of hunger, homelessness and education" it seems very possible that CfA will continue to contribute to The Salvation Army. And before anyone asks, no, ChristianPost.com is not run by theological liberals.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

They didn't specifically state that the Salvation Army was going to remain a recipient of their donations and they had the opportunity to do so. That is very telling. Instead the statement from Chick fil A seemed like a verbal square dance around the issue.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post

It appears to me that someone in some branch of news media read more into CfA's statement than is there and other news sources ran with their claim, unchecked. Since The Salvation Army does work in "the areas of hunger, homelessness and education" it seems very possible that CfA will continue to contribute to The Salvation Army. And before anyone asks, no, ChristianPost.com is not run by theological liberals.
    I agree. Moonbats trying to make mountains out of molehills, sow division and distractions.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    They didn't specifically state that the Salvation Army was going to remain a recipient of their donations and they had the opportunity to do so. That is very telling. Instead the statement from Chick fil A seemed like a verbal square dance around the issue.

I hope that is the case. Not all liberals hate the Salvation Army. Anyone who works as a social worker knows the good they do every day.

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    I agree. Moonbats trying to make mountains out of molehills, sow division and distractions.
    moonbats are just looking for a reason to go to Chik fil A and not get trashed by their fellow pro gay peeps
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    If you look at the CfA announcement date, it appears to have been written and posted before this kerfuffle started. Not as a response to it. It appears from the link in the LifeSiteNews article (in the OP) that Reuters read into CfA's statement something that was not there; or lied about it to stir up @#$%.

I realize how hard it is to believe that the MSM would get something wrong - or lie about - a company the MSM hate ...
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech