Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Revealed: the environmental impact of Google searches 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Oh for Christ sakes...this is just friggen stupid.

Performing two Google searches from a desktop computer can generate about the same amount of carbon dioxide as boiling a kettle for a cup of tea, according to new research.

While millions of people tap into Google without considering the environment, a typical search generates about 7g of CO2 Boiling a kettle generates about 15g. “Google operates huge data centres around the world that consume a great deal of power,” said Alex Wissner-Gross, a Harvard University physicist whose research on the environmental impact of computing is due out soon. “A Google search has a definite environmental impact.”
    Kiss my ass carbon boy!:mad:
    May the FORCE be with you!

http://english.pravda.ru/science/ear...arth_ice_age-0

The earth is now on the brink of entering another Ice Age, according to a large and compelling body of evidence from within the field of climate science. Many sources of data which provide our knowledge base of long-term climate change indicate that the warm, twelve thousand year-long Holocene period will rather soon be coming to an end, and then the earth will return to Ice Age conditions for the next 100,000 years.
    Click Google! Click it as if your life depended on it!

Where they get their information, I bet they googled it
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    OMG djones....

The AGW theory is based on data that is drawn from a ridiculously narrow span of time and it demonstrates a wanton disregard for the ‘big picture’ of long-term climate change. The data from paleoclimatology, including ice cores, sea sediments, geology, paleobotany and zoology, indicate that we are on the verge of entering another Ice Age, and the data also shows that severe and lasting climate change can occur within only a few years. While concern over the dubious threat of Anthropogenic Global Warming continues to distract the attention of people throughout the world, the very real threat of the approaching and inevitable Ice Age, which will render large parts of the Northern Hemisphere uninhabitable, is being foolishly ignored.
    Please, someone give AlBore a Google link to this ASAP!!!!:eek:

May the FORCE be with you!

Thats why I've been laughing my ass off the last few years about this whole AGW scare. Global Cooling is the real threat. The funny part is, that we can't do a damn thing to stop it. We try to heat the atmopshere up, and it'll just accelerate it with melting the ice caps and cooling the oceans.

I don't think we'll be seeing anything any time soon though. We're still talking change on the scale of thousands of years, not tens of years.

OH NOES!!!!!! Would these libtards get pissed off at me if I planted a bunch of trees that released more CO2 than my computer?

I'll bet to them there's "evil" CO2 and "good" CO2, nevermind that CO2 = CO2 = CO2 =CO2 no matter the source.

*Napoleon Dynamite voice* Freakin' IDIOTS!
    "Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! "

- Patrick Henry

OH NOES!!!!!! Would these libtards get pissed off at me if I planted a bunch of trees that released more CO2 than my computer?
    Lol trees take in CO2 and release oxygen.
    Last edited by Mythic; 01-11-2009 at 07:12 PM.
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."
    -Ronald Reagan

Life is a story; if you stay on the same page forever you will never finish it.
    "There are days you are the pigeon and days you are the statue."

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
    Lol trees take in CO2 and release oxygen.
    *smacks self on forehead*

Duh......

So, then would the libtards get mad if we just planted more trees LOL :D
    "Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! "

- Patrick Henry

So, then would the libtards get mad if we just planted more trees LOL
    I dont know what your saying lol...

But what would make them mad is to invent backyard oil refineries. Just put any type of oil into the machine and out comes gasoline! Better yet, put trees into the machine and it will create crude oil that you will then put into the machine again to make it gasoline.
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."
    -Ronald Reagan

Life is a story; if you stay on the same page forever you will never finish it.
    "There are days you are the pigeon and days you are the statue."

STOMP down that massive carbon footprint! Stomp it down right on al gores head!!! :) GO GOOGLE!
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.