Thread: Snowy Sunday

1. #1 Snowy Sunday 
    Patent Member
    Yesterday we got about 4" of snow, compounded with another inch this morning. It made for some long mornings, clearing out the driveway. It probably wouldn't be a big deal, but I still have to go in to work later today.

Hopefully things are going to warm up again later.

TOTD: How often do you work weekends? Is it expected of you, or are you so busy that you have to go in on Saturday and Sundays?

No snow here but pretty freakin' cold for the South. I don't think we're supposed to get out of the 40's.

TOTD:

Does that include cell phone calls from work? I try not to work weekends but sometimes things come up and I have to go in. It's been 1 Saturday this month so far. It's rare I don't get a call from one of my Supv's over the weekend.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Not too bad here this morning, the sun is out and it's 27. Supposed
    to be up in the low 40's. We will be going into Ice Age temps later
    this week though.

TOTD: Haven't had to in my job up here. I came in on weekends
    frequently down in FL.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I'm over in IL and got the same storm system as the OP this week. And the current one is headed this way.

Where's my Blame Bush t-shirt.......

:D

TOTD: I left my business to become a student again. I study on the weekends. Sometimes.
    Last edited by snuglet; 01-11-2009 at 11:02 AM.

Chilly out, but supposed to make it up to the 40's I believe.

TOTD: I work at least one day a weekend. My work week rotates since I work 4 day weeks.

Power CUer
    TOTD: I'll catch up on email on weekends, but I don't usually have to work unless there's a hard deadline on a project.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Cool and overcast on the Mountain.

I work about one Saturday a month, sometimes two. The overtime helps me buy a better brand of scotch. :D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Now that the sun is down and the wind is picking up, I had to close the windows!

It's still in the high 50's...we broke 70 today! :D

I'm doing laundry and have dinner reservations at 7.

4" and you call that snow?!! Just wait until the Colorado crowd gets here. (I freak when we get 2").

TOTD- I try not to work weekends. If I am begged to do it, by trusted people, I willl, and I will also do work for family and friends on weekends (still work). When you are skilled in a trade, it is nice to swap labor back and forth with other folks who are skilled, but you also have to be careful to not be taken advantage of.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Yesterday we got about 4" of snow, compounded with another inch this morning. It made for some long mornings, clearing out the driveway. It probably wouldn't be a big deal, but I still have to go in to work later today.

Hopefully things are going to warm up again later.

TOTD: How often do you work weekends? Is it expected of you, or are you so busy that you have to go in on Saturday and Sundays?
    Cool but rainy today.

TOTD. I tend to work most weekends. I do this because he keeps me head of the game and allows me keep my weekdays from being to hectic. I use the weekends to do work I'd have to do in the upcoming week.

I am also on call 24/7 and have to get permission to go on vacations that take me out of easy contact.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis