Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Hey CW, Fuck you. :D:p
    QFT.

CW was a plague on this board, the fact that it took him (and his comrade in arms Eyelids) so long to get banned is a great example of the tolerance at this site, especially relative to DU.

Wasn't there a fly-by-night liberal poster here who wanted to prove to us that DU was more tolerant? His experiment consisted of creating an account at DU and advocating a few mildly conservative positions. He didn't make it past 10 posts. On the other hand, liberal posters like CW and Eyelids can come here, spout their nonsense, and as long as they abide by the rules (or in CW's case break the rules for 6 months), they can stay.

There's also the obligatory grave dancing at DU which finds no parallel at CU.

As for whether CNN is left or right wing, that may depend on your perspective. But it is obviously an anti-American organization which broadcasts propaganda fed to it by our enemies.

...and for those that have any doubt that this is CW, all you have to do is look at the front page. He has the same "antique" (third grader's art project) posted there that he claimed to have spent bazillions of dollars on in France.
    Last edited by biccat; 01-12-2009 at 10:16 AM.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    ...and for those that have any doubt that this is CW, all you have to do is look at the front page.
    That who is CW??
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Cold Warrior always seemed fairly intelligent to me. I'm rather disappointed in his assessment of the board, but not surprised. He arrived here with the notion that conservatives were religious zealots and hypocritical, found a few instances where that was the case, and used those to support his inflexible opinion.

Sometimes, when one becomes intoxicated by travel, or in the immersion of grand works of literature, one developes a sense of "refinement" that makes it impossible to understand the nuance of those who hold conservative opinions. It's easier to ridicule them as "backward hicks" or hold that their morals and attitudes are based on a primitive infatuation with a superstitiious religion, rathen than the result of experience or careful thought. When I first traveled to and spent time in Europe, I too came back excited with the contrasts between the culture of such an old and interesting place and my relatively young country. I probably bored a lot of my friends and family with stories illustrating how cool and hip Europe was, how the beer was just awesome, and how great the customs of the people there were, compared to us. I still love the place, and love to travel there, but I love this place too. The only difference now is that I find it easier to see the good and bad in everything. I also found that sometimes when you look a little deeper you see reasons and values, ideas and motivations that aren't always readily apparent on the surface.

Since CW is fond of literature, I wonder if he remembers the "The Great Gatsby". I recall a scene of a library in Gatsby's place. There were all thest great books on display so one could judge how refined Gatsby's tastes were. The only problem was that the pages of those books were never cut, so it would have been impossible for one to have read them.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    That who is CW??
    The blogger.

Power CUer
    Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "the blogger". On CU?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "the blogger". On CU?
    The blogger that is quoted in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    I have often thought the extremes on both sides were mirror images of each other. Interesting read.
    okay . . . so um . . . where are the rioting violent radical Molotov cocktail throwing conservatives at?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Hey CW, Fuck you. :D:p
    PREACH IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I'm with you. I rarely watch O'Reilly or anything else on Fox. In the morning, I prefer to watch Morning Joe on MSNBC. Fox's morning lineup is abysmal.
    what tiome zone are you in? I love Fox and friends. :) They amuse.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    The blogger that is quoted in the OP.
    oh, okay. I see it now. Yes, of course that's CW's blog; he named it after the poet Dowson, who wrote the poem he quotes from in his title - "Non sum qualis eram bonae sum qualis Cynarae".