Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    oh, okay. I see it now. Yes, of course that's CW's blog; he named it after the poet Dowson, who wrote the poem he quotes from in his title - "Non sum qualis eram bonae sum qualis Cynarae".
    and he proves once again that he is an elitist.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    and he proves once again that he is an elitist.
    Why? Because the title's in Latin? It's a very famous poem, whether you're familiar with it or not. ;)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Patent Member
    oh, okay. I see it now. Yes, of course that's CW's blog; he named it after the poet Dowson, who wrote the poem he quotes from in his title - "Non sum qualis eram bonae sum qualis Cynarae".
    Hm, college dropout, spent most of his time drinking and spending other people's money, lusted after an 11 year old girl, died penniless and drunk in a friend's shack.

Good role model.

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    You always came across to me as an asshole, but this really confirmed it. The "other board" was a direct creation of Gator's power trip an unjustified banning of many good members of this forum. His abuse of his powers is what caused those great members to leave. It really didn't help that when some decided they'd rather not post in a forum where they can be banned for disagreeing with an anti-semite, that they where mocked and ridiculed by others here. The infamous "sex and booze crowd" comment, and others like it is what drove members like Franksolich away.

One year later now, many of those people who left here to go there, are posting here again. On top of that, people from here post there, including Sarasota and StLouisWoman. The hatchet has long been buried by most, but I must say I've seen more people bring the issue up over here lately, then I've seen over there in a long time.

The worst 1% of CU was people like Gator, CW, and LogansPapa. And thankfully, the cool level headed people who now run this place have driven them out.

Your admin came here, tried to pick two different fights with me in the Dome, then disappeared. It's brought up on both sides and is retarded when it is.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Hm, college dropout, spent most of his time drinking and spending other people's money, lusted after an 11 year old girl, died penniless and drunk in a friend's shack.

Good role model.
    He was a poet. Are they supposed to be role models, or are you just making snippy remarks because you never heard of him before? No real need to answer that, of course.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by BSR View Post
    Your admin came here, tried to pick two different fights with me in the Dome, then disappeared. It's brought up on both sides and is retarded when it is.
    WE can be pretty weird sometimes. We try not to let him out to often. :D

When he gets all that booze that we took outta this place into him, theirs just no accounting for what he may do.
    Last edited by djones520; 01-12-2009 at 12:39 PM.

Patent Member
    He was a poet. Are they supposed to be role models, or are you just making snippy remarks because you never heard of him before? No real need to answer that, of course.
    I was just noting some of the defining moment's in his life. I leave it up to the reader to determine if his life history bears any relationship to that of our dearly departed CW. The choice of such a pseudonym suggests similar interests, at least in part.

We've had the "why did you choose your handle" discussion before, and more often than not, the 'name' chosen bears some relationship to the poster's personal life.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    What a cultured cuss you really are ,Even latin !

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    I was just noting some of the defining moment's in his life. I leave it up to the reader to determine if his life history bears any relationship to that of our dearly departed CW. The choice of such a pseudonym suggests similar interests, at least in part.

We've had the "why did you choose your handle" discussion before, and more often than not, the 'name' chosen bears some relationship to the poster's personal life.
    Van Gogh cut off his ear and died poor. What a no talent bum.

Why? Because the title's in Latin? It's a very famous poem, whether you're familiar with it or not. ;)
    oh yes. I say that based alone on the fact that the poem is in latin. Anyone who knows latin is an elitist - that's exactly what I am saying.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.