1. #1 Trump signs Hong Kong support bill 

Almost unanimous bipartisan support. More sanctions available to the President to pressure Xi.

The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

Candace Owens for President 2024.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsCbLSqz85s

And will be ignored cause the crazies can't agree with ebil drumph on anything or they will spin like dryer to claim he's going to build a new hotel in Hong Kong when it's all over.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    China not pleased at all, they are already threatening to stop the trade agreement talks, wonderful maybe we will actually see an increase of real quality from other nations and no cement or rat poison in our drugs and or dog food. I'm a smelly walmart shopper and would just like to own one more pair of leather shoes before I die. These paper and glue shoes should be outlawed, and those are not cheap and have gone up in price over the past 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Old White Man View Post
    China not pleased at all, they are already threatening to stop the trade agreement talks, wonderful maybe we will actually see an increase of real quality from other nations and no cement or rat poison in our drugs and or dog food. I'm a smelly walmart shopper and would just like to own one more pair of leather shoes before I die. These paper and glue shoes should be outlawed, and those are not cheap and have gone up in price over the past 10 years.
    Kudlow & Co. nailed China's economy on the original timing our tariffs. Their banks were already lending the Government money. The tariffs seem to be a foolproof way to accelerate the borrowing so it blows sky-high by 2021.

China's blinking.

I think that eventually, China will become a democratic nation. A government trying to rule a population that numbers in the billions is never going to be able to maintain the level of suppression that a communist dictatorship requires. Add to that Hong Kong's past as a city of the British Empire, the advances of technology that enable the average Chinese citizen access to independent information regarding the world outside of China, and the spread of Christianity within China and you have a formula for the overthrow of a brutal system. But because order is such a high value in Chinese culture at this point, it probably won't be violent on the part of those seeking democracy.

I have been pleasantly surprised so far that the Chinese government has not slaughtered the Hong Kong protestors yet. Perhaps they are reaching the point the USSR did, when the military refuses to fire on civilians anymore? When that happens, communism in China will die.