1. #1 Anyone going/gone nutball shopping today?? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    As for us, the answer is NO.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    As for us, the answer is NO.
    For many years, my personal rule is don’t even leave the house on Black Friday. I’m going to try my best to get a haircut and hopefully no one try’s to kill me over it. I really need a haircut.

We went out a bit Friday night to the area Walmart. It wasn't psychotic out in the Dallas burbs. Won't step foot in anything in the metropolitan area though.

The disturbing things I saw were

1)people with carts filled of 12-20 of the "special" items. Yeah, you're really gifting a dozen electric skillets. They will be up on craigslist before dawn, probably at full retail.
    2) so many of the discounts were pitiful. Five, maybe 10 bucks off regular price, and especially in the electronics department, it was low end stuff in terms of specs. I really wanted to find a way to get on the loud speakers and say "people of Walmart, you are getting screwed. If we all rush the doors, they can't stop us all. Some will get hurt, some will get caught, but I'm willing to take that risk."

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

I'm too old to engage in Mixed Martial Arts !
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

I don't have many people to buy gifts for this year. My nieces want Forever 21 gift cards. I can get everyone else presents at Barnes and Nobles, and I will look first for my mom's gifts at The Rack and Macys.

I'm kinda neutral to the shopping-traffic and general hubbub, but it seems like there's a sudden new buzz about 'Baby Yoda' stuff, probably because there aren't any more Toys R Us type outlets. Those stores were Christmas-nightmares.