1. #1 “Terrifying” robots 
    The ACLU is alteady upset. The villain must be protected.

“ All too often, the deployment of these technologies happens faster than our social, political, or legal systems react,” the statement said. “We urgently need more transparency from government agencies, who should be upfront with the public about their plans to test and deploy new technologies. We also need statewide regulations to protect civil liberties, civil rights, and racial justice in the age of artificial intelligence.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...police-agency/
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

A quick story to make everyone think about AI.

Scientists and computer engineers create the perfect AI in order to get answers to all the questions about the universe.
    The project's lead scientist stepped forward to ask the first question, "AI, does an all-powerful, all-knowing god exist?"
    With little pause, the AI answered, "He does now."
    Last edited by FlaGator; 12-01-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

This film pretty much made my skin crawl. It really creeped me out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bggUmgeMCdc

AI is an industry. It'll keep the country investing. I wouldn't necessarily worry about it 'militarily'. It's impossible to program-in human mistakes on the battlefield, therefore its predictability is a cataclysmic weakness against other AI.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    AI is an industry. It'll keep the country investing. I wouldn't necessarily worry about it 'militarily'. It's impossible to program-in human mistakes on the battlefield, therefore its predictability is a cataclysmic weakness against other AI.
    True AI will learn and correct its mistakes. It will draw conclusions based on logic and reason without the filter of compassion and emotions. That is what is truly scary.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    True AI will learn and correct its mistakes. It will draw conclusions based on logic and reason without the filter of compassion and emotions. That is what is truly scary.
    I tend to think of AI as a giant apparatus rather than a single entity. In China, a person can be publicly shamed in real time for jay walking on a giant screen above the street. A good friend of mine personally witnessed this several months ago while he was there on business.

People think I’m nuts, but I resist a cashless society at every turn. Now if you’re buying tires for your car or a new washer and dryer, sure, use a credit card. It’s the smart thing to do for larger purchases. People who buy a coke and a bag of chips with a magnetic strip are already easily managed slaves to me. If we ever go 100% cashless, the government could say, FlaGator, Cadillac Shark, Retread, Tecate, etc., We don’t like what you’ve been saying so we’re gonna turn your card off completely.

Big brother, mark of the beast type stuff.