Thread: Simple Snacks

Results 1 to 10 of 17

Hybrid View

  1. #1 Simple Snacks 
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    We're haveing cheese and crackers. I love the Cabot Vermont Cheddar which is seriously sharp. Having it with Ritz crackers. Iced tea.

    I wish I had some sliced apples and grapes.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member Jumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,200
    I am leaning towards popcorn right now. I am even thinking a celebratory beer might soon be in order.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    I am leaning towards popcorn right now. I am even thinking a celebratory beer might soon be in order.
    Enjoy. My wife's aunt just came down from Wisconsin and brought some Leinenkugels. I just opened a Honey Weiss.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Moderator lurkalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    Posts
    1,539
    orange slices, cut in half to make smiley faces then sprinkle with a little sugar and cinnamon..the kids love them :D
    soak some shrimp in garlic a touch of olive oil, and lime juice, wrap in bacon, throw in oven until bacon is crispy...throw in front of football watching zombie and go read a book....
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    orange slices, cut in half to make smiley faces then sprinkle with a little sugar and cinnamon..the kids love them :D
    soak some shrimp in garlic a touch of olive oil, and lime juice, wrap in bacon, throw in oven until bacon is crispy...throw in front of football watching zombie and go read a book....
    Sounds great.

    Hey, next year we'll all come to your house. I'll bring cheese. :D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Moderator lurkalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Sounds great.

    Hey, next year we'll all come to your house. I'll bring cheese. :D
    allright since I will have to play hostess I'll dig out the deep fat fryer and do some deep fat fried cheese curds...but thats as cooperative as I get, then I'm going into the other room to read my book
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    allright since I will have to play hostess I'll dig out the deep fat fryer and do some deep fat fried cheese curds...but thats as cooperative as I get, then I'm going into the other room to read my book
    I love deep friend cheese curds!!!

    Hey, maybe the Vikings will be playing. Then I'll bet you watch football.

    There's a hamburger place that has the Butterburger and deep fried cheese curds. Does Culver's Sound right. I ate there in Wisconsin. Good ice cream.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member Jumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,200
    What are cheese curds?? Like cottage cheese?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I love deep friend cheese curds!!!

    Hey, maybe the Vikings will be playing. Then I'll bet you watch football.

    There's a hamburger place that has the Butterburger and deep fried cheese curds. Does Culver's Sound right. I ate there in Wisconsin. Good ice cream.
    Yes, Culvers is the name and it's better then ice cream.....:) Freshly made frozen custard, made fresh in the store several times a day.

    Craig Culver, the founder and co-owner is a great guy. I have had dinner with him at his home in Prairie Du Sac, WI.

    I was a manager for a partnership that owned 3 Culver resturants in IL and IA.

    I miss that food!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •