Thread: Simple Snacks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I love deep friend cheese curds!!!

    Hey, maybe the Vikings will be playing. Then I'll bet you watch football.

    There's a hamburger place that has the Butterburger and deep fried cheese curds. Does Culver's Sound right. I ate there in Wisconsin. Good ice cream.
    Yes, Culvers is the name and it's better then ice cream.....:) Freshly made frozen custard, made fresh in the store several times a day.

    Craig Culver, the founder and co-owner is a great guy. I have had dinner with him at his home in Prairie Du Sac, WI.

    I was a manager for a partnership that owned 3 Culver resturants in IL and IA.

    I miss that food!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Yes, Culvers is the name and it's better then ice cream.....:) Freshly made frozen custard, made fresh in the store several times a day.

    Craig Culver, the founder and co-owner is a great guy. I have had dinner with him at his home in Prairie Du Sac, WI.

    I was a manager for a partnership that owned 3 Culver resturants in IL and IA.

    I miss that food!!!
    I only got to eat there a couple of times when we were visiting Wisconsin. The food was so good, and the frozen yogurt was wonderful. Oh man, I hadn't thought about Culvers in a while.

    Now I'm hungry.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I only got to eat there a couple of times when we were visiting Wisconsin. The food was so good, and the frozen yogurt was wonderful. Oh man, I hadn't thought about Culvers in a while.

    Now I'm hungry.
    Yogurt? You are killing me.....:D It's frozen custard!!! It's creamier and more rich then ice cream! :p The velvet smooth texture is to die for! (Hungry yet?)

    The food is all fresh, the burgers are made from midwest steers, a ground steak blend and never frozen! They even have great fried chicken...the chicken arrives fresh and is not breaded until it's ready for the fryer! Fresh is best! My AYCE fried chicken night ended up being a major hit in our little town. We helped put KFC out of business (it was gross there) and were selling more chicken then any store in the chain, even those in larger markets!

    I am told know they have Spicy Chipotle Curds.

    www.culvers.com
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 01-12-2009 at 12:44 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,832
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Yes, Culvers is the name and it's better then ice cream.....:) Freshly made frozen custard, made fresh in the store several times a day.

    Craig Culver, the founder and co-owner is a great guy. I have had dinner with him at his home in Prairie Du Sac, WI.

    I was a manager for a partnership that owned 3 Culver resturants in IL and IA.

    I miss that food!!!
    I looked at the website and there are some Culver's in this area. We'll have to check it out. SR has been wanting fried chicken. Their's sounds better than the KFC or that frozen Banquet stuff.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,625
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I looked at the website and there are some Culver's in this area. We'll have to check it out. SR has been wanting fried chicken. Their's sounds better than the KFC or that frozen Banquet stuff.
    They do use zero trans fat oil for cooking, and have many salads on the menu as well.

    The turtle sundae is awesome, a great way to add calcium to your diet. :D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Patent Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I looked at the website and there are some Culver's in this area. We'll have to check it out. SR has been wanting fried chicken. Their's sounds better than the KFC or that frozen Banquet stuff.
    Don't get chicken at Culver's, get the butter burger. The chicken pales in comparison.

    Butter burger = ground beef + cubed butter, formed into patties. Amazing.

    About the only thing not amazingly great at Culver's is their french fries.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Yogurt? You are killing me.....:D It's frozen custard!!! It's creamier and more rich then ice cream! :p The velvet smooth texture is to die for! (Hungry yet?)

    The food is all fresh, the burgers are made from midwest steers, a ground steak blend and never frozen! They even have great fried chicken...the chicken arrives fresh and is not breaded until it's ready for the fryer! Fresh is best! My AYCE fried chicken night ended up being a major hit in our little town. We helped put KFC out of business (it was gross there) and were selling more chicken then any store in the chain, even those in larger markets!

    I am told know they have Spicy Chipotle Curds.

    www.culvers.com
    :D Sorry. I was thinkin' that was the best dang yogurt i ever had.....
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •